What team will MaGahee be traded to and why?

Tipster19

I could see the Ravens stepping up and replacing Jamal Lewis. Cutting Lewis, who has an $11.6 million salary cap number, would create $8.3 million in cap room. The Ravens are approximately $3 million under the cap and need more room to address their needs at outside linebacker (Thomas is not expected to return) and offensive tackle (right tackle Tony Pashos is a free agent). Lewis is due a $5 million roster bonus on March 3. They need more cap space to try to re-sign high-priority free agents like offensive tackle Tony Pashos and linebacker Jarret Johnson as well as leave enough room for their rookie pool. Trading for someone like MaGahee, whose contract is friendly for the 2007 season, would allow them some much needed cap space.

Baltimore could have a difficult time finding a replacement for Lewis, who was the NFL's 16th-leading rusher last season. The available running backs in free agency and the draft are considered a weak group. There are no running backs in the draft who would be worthy of a first-round selection when the Ravens select at No. 29. The Ravens could take either Louisville's Michael Bush or Auburn's Kenny Irons in the second round but that's only if they are still available.

The Ravens need another running back, whether it's retaining Lewis or looking elsewhere. The only experienced running back under contract with the Ravens is Mike Anderson, who only played a limited role last season. Lewis doesn't make alot of financial sense unless he is willing to restructure his bonus and current contract.

A good thought, but the Lions still have Kevin Jones. I would love to see the Lions give up on Jones and send him our way. He would be a great clock-eating back. I, of course, know this is just a wonderful, wonderful pipe-dream

A good thought, but the Lions still have Kevin Jones. I would love to see the Lions give up on Jones and send him our way. He would be a great clock-eating back. I, of course, know this is just a wonderful, wonderful pipe-dream

brotha jones is having surgery possibly out till midseason

The Ravens are in the same type of situation as the Giants, both teams were in the play-offs last year. The difference is the Ravens are much more stabler than the Giants. Losing Tiki, softer defense, and team dissention are just a few glaring differences. While the need may be as great or even greater for a RB, the Giants have many more issues to address in this year's draft with their picks than using a first day pick on a ________ RB (I'll let everyone else fill in the blank). Based on the compensation, could Buffalo look to move up in the draft? It won't surprise me but I look for the Bills to do something unexpected again in this year's draft.

Based on the Bills trading MaGahee to Baltimore for their first rd pick and swapping 2nd rders, could this be enough of a package to move up for Peterson? I believe MaGahee will be gone but find it difficult to do this without having a plan for us to obtain a worthwhile replacement in the draft. The only other scenario would be if we intend on securing Lynch or Bush at our current pick or a trade down for either player.

i am going to say the new york football giants.here is why i think if willis gets traded it will be there.all those reports about how the giants will not go for a #1 pick in a trade for willis is just postering.if the giants will not give up a first day pick for willis the bills can file and cry "tampering"the bills would not be entitled to any extra picks,but the giants could have a pick taken away from them.if they are gonna lose a pick from tampering they might as well just give the bills a first day pick.it may not even be a #1 but the bills can corcer a #2 pick by threatining to file the tampering charges.go bills and go marv in"07

I think there are a number of teams that make sense to make a play for Willis. However they won't do anything with regard to giving up draft pick(s) unless they can negotiate something beyond this year. I suspect the best play for Willis would be to not get traded and not sign any extension. Then play this year for a big contract next year. The only downside would be if he played a big year and the Bills tagged him. That would suck for Willis.

Teams I think make sense for him just based on their need: (I don't know enough to know what their current cap space is).

Cleveland

Houston

Denver

Raiders (if they cut or release LaMont Jordan...which again, I have no idea what that would cost them)

Giants

Packers

Ravens

A couple of teams that might be a good fit even though they seem "set" at RB but would make sense:

Eagles - Westbrook has a hard time staying healthy and would create a great backfield (McGahee, Westbrook, McNabb)

Vikings - They have Chester Taylor, but teaming him with Willis would be pretty interesting.

Panthers - They have no idea what they have with DeAngelo Williams and DeShaun Foster. However they don't have the cap space for Willis.

Bucaneers - Caddilac Williams? He tore off the best first 5 weeks of any rookie in NFL History, then ppppfffft.

Seahawks - Alexander won't last forever, and Mo Morris proved he is not the answer as a back up.

IRONIC Possibiblity: The Titans. Apparently the deal for Travis Henry is on the skids, how would Travis feel if he got dumped twice for WM?

Atlanta's coach Petrino stated that he's looking for a big RB for short yardage and one he can cultivate in a year from now. Seeing that he coached Bush at Louisville, one would have to think that this is who he is targeting, but Atlanta's 1st rder for him would be too soon. If Bush is still around when Atlanta picks in the 2nd rd we would have no shot at him unless Marv pulled another McCargo-type move.