If a Willis trade doesn't work out

generaLee83

then what are we left with?

A discontent player who has been publicly outed and probably won't give two sh-ts about playing hard.

Everyone will rebut this with "it's his contract year, he'll try real hard to get a good deal", I disagree.

He's a human being and he'll be ticked off and will slack majorly as a result, his effort has always been questionable, it can only get worse now when his pee size brain processes this whole ordeal.

It seems to me that when you come out and shop a player, quite publicly like the Bills are doing you almost put yourself at a disadvantage because if the trade does not work out then you are left with a lame duck player. Interested teams are aware of this and will probably not make any grand offers for him as they know that the Bills will have to take what they're offered because any draft pick is better than a malcontent player who hates his team.

If this trade works out it's at best a 3rd round pick but I'm going with more of a 5th.

And no, I don't have a solution or any better way to handle a trade, unless it can be accomplished without the media being involved.

Or you're left with a player with a fire under his butt who has been told he's not good enough to be here who wants to prove his critics wrong. You never know.

I no longer think McGahee is the type of guy to get motivated in that way. He pretty much had that same motivating factor going into last season, and he came up empty, apparently not even reading his playbook.

then what are we left with?

A discontent player who has been publicly outed and probably won't give two sh-ts about playing hard.

Everyone will rebut this with "it's his contract year, he'll try real hard to get a good deal", I disagree.

He's a human being and he'll be ticked off and will slack majorly as a result, his effort has always been questionable, it can only get worse now when his pee size brain processes this whole ordeal.

It seems to me that when you come out and shop a player, quite publicly like the Bills are doing you almost put yourself at a disadvantage because if the trade does not work out then you are left with a lame duck player. Interested teams are aware of this and will probably not make any grand offers for him as they know that the Bills will have to take what they're offered because any draft pick is better than a malcontent player who hates his team.

If this trade works out it's at best a 3rd round pick but I'm going with more of a 5th.

And no, I don't have a solution or any better way to handle a trade, unless it can be accomplished without the media being involved.

If it doesnt work we are in a now win situation, a pissed off back who won't play hard or at all and at best i see maybe a 4th rounder more likely a 5th. or no team will even trade for him bc hes ina contract year and you can get him for free later.... this is terrible news and we are in no win situation

Screw the Giants :worthy:

he is more than welcome to not work hard this year and lose himself MILLIONS of dollars. we can come right out and say we dont want him around this year (which we havent been close to saying, really). he will run for his money this year. "contract years" dont motivate many players. but they motivate guys like willis.