Lindy fined $10,000 no suspensions

millbank

Oh, good. I'm sure that'll keep things calm tonight... :worthy:

The league needs to look back a few years at lead-up to the Bertuzzi-Moore incident. Not that I think this incident is going to get even remotely that bad...but the league's handling of it is just as stupid.

Honestly, the NHL is doing the right thing. There hasn't been this much hype for a NHL game since the lockout. I also understand the the NHL will be watching this game really hard and the players will be very cautious in what they do.

Besides, this was what this team needed (obviously not Drury getting hurt). But this team showed some serious toughness that most people questioned they having.

Why did he get fined for a line change?!?! What, the league can fine you for putting people on the ice that it doesn't agree with?!

Fine him for his "run 'em" comment, fine. But for putting a line out there? Please.

Also, I watched the highlights online. Why isn't anyone saying anything about the fact that the Ottawa player started shoving around the Buffalo player BEFORE the puck was even dropped! He ran after OUR GUY. How is that not trying to instigate things? Am I missing something?

CW

talk about line change. In Ottawa Sun Newspaper today columnist says Let em rumble

The Senators should send a strong message to the Sabres tonight.

And they should do it with their fists.

No need to wait until the second or third period to go after the Sabres' elite players.

Do it on the first shift.

With a forward line of Brian McGrattan, Chris Neil ... and at centre, Ray Emery.

Yep, suit Emery up as a forward to start the game.

No need to worry about who wins the faceoff. McGrattan, Neil and Emery will quickly be punching out whatever sacrificial lambs the Sabres send out to start the game -- preferably Tomas Vanek and Daniel Briere, Buffalo's two most gifted players.

And while McGrattan, Neil and Emery are cooling their heels for five minutes ... maybe one of them gets tossed for instigating the massacre ... Emery can be changing into his goalie equipment, ready to spell Martin Gerber when the major penalty is up.

Crazy? Unprecedented? Far-fetched?

Maybe, but Sabres coach Lindy Ruff and the rest of the NHL have to know that the Senators won't be pushed around. At least not like they used to be when fight-fearing Jacques Martin held the reins.

also from Ottawa Sun

Funny, I have about 20 minutes of Tivo'd footage that says otherwise.

It's funny they're saying stuff like that now. Murray had to know what was coming but he put out Spezza and Healtley anyway. Was he really surprised to see the Peters line out there? It seems like he put those guys out there so he could cry about it later. And he certainly is crying.

Colin Campbell will be in the audience tonight. Good luck getting retribution for your players getting their asses kicked when being given the option to fight. I guess it's easier to blindside a player.

And if the Sens pull what that author suggests, guess who gets killed a few shifts later when Peters, Mancari, and Mair take the ice?

Colin Campbell will be in the audience tonight. Good luck getting retribution for your players getting their asses kicked when being given the option to fight. I guess it's easier to blindside a player.

And if the Sens pull what that author suggests, guess who gets killed a few shifts later when Peters, Mancari, and Mair take the ice?

That's what happens when estrogen takes over and you don't think things through. That's pretty normal for the media.