Wade was on my flight today

Dawgg

Maybe you aren't aware of this, but anyone can put stuff up on Wikipedia. Hell, the guy who put that paragraph up can't even spell Donahoe...LOL. By a link, I meant a reputable news source, not someone's opinion. If someone posted on Wikipedia that the Earth was flat, would it make it so?

Say what you will, he had the best record in Buffalo Bills history -- even without the headphones.

And what was his playoff record?

He may have had the best "record" in Bills history, but by no stretch of the imagination was he ever the best "coach".

Here's a link. For what it's worth, Wade has also told me himself that he wanted to keep Flutie in there and the entire coaching staff (including then QB coach Turk Schonert) was not high on Rob Johnson at that point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Flutie

So you have no proof, just somebody else's opinion.

I do recall during an interview (or press conference) where Wade was asked who pulled the trigger for the switch, and Wade said he did.

Oh, for what it is worth, RW told me Wade made the decision.

I also recall in an interview where RALPH admitted that he pushed for RJ to start.

:worthy:

Oh, for what it is worth, RW told me Wade made the decision.

Thanks the the smartass (or rather cynical) remark... :)

This is my favorite one... "his playoff record" --

The guy has been a head coach for 5 seasons and took his team to the playoffs in 3 of those years. In Buffalo, he inherited a team that pretty much everyone dismissed as a rebuilding team. Not only did they start off 0-3, he managed to turn things around very quickly and made them a playoff contender. So he got to two playoff games and lost -- HE GOT THERE, didn't he? Not to mention both playoff games were on the road and were very close games... I wouldn't call him a choker by any sense of the imagination. In any case, I look forward to see what he can do in Dallas.

And what was his playoff record?

This is my favorite one... "his playoff record" --

The guy has been a head coach for 5 seasons and took his team to the playoffs in 3 of those years.

Since you skirted around it: 0-3.

In Buffalo, he inherited a team that pretty much everyone dismissed as a rebuilding team.

I do not know about "rebuilding". I do remember a bunch of talk of injecting some new blood to make the last great "push" before the salary cap blew up.

Not only did they start off 0-3, he managed to turn things around very quickly and made them a playoff contender. So he got to two playoff games and lost -- HE GOT THERE, didn't he? Not to mention both playoff games were on the road and were very close games... I wouldn't call him a choker by any sense of the imagination.

Playoff appearances mean squat if a team keeps losing in the first game.

But if something like that gets you giddy, get on the phone, and call Marv and Ralph. San Diego just released a guy that will consistently take a team to the playoffs, just do not expect to see your team play in the Super Bowl.

In any case, I look forward to see what he can do in Dallas.

Interesting. If Wade's problem in Buffalo was a "meddlesome" owner, what makes you think he will do any better in Dallas with that "hands on" owner?

Wade seems like a nice guy but if he couldn't handle a RJ-Flutie situation in little ol' Buffalo, how is he gonna handle TO and that circus in the big D??? Should be interesting.

no kidding..TO in a big market like Dallas...Wade's in over his head

First of all, I don't think Wade's only problem was a meddlesome owner -- he had other problems like hiring a baffoon for a special teams coach... with that being said, I think he was a much better coach than people give him credit for.

Marty's playoff record includes some of the biggest choke jobs in recent memory, many of which occured when his team was at home and favored to win. I don't think it's necessarily a fair comparison, though it is something that cannot be ignored.

But if something like that gets you giddy, get on the phone, and call Marv and Ralph. San Diego just released a guy that will consistently take a team to the playoffs, just do not expect to see your team play in the Super Bowl.

Interesting. If Wade's problem in Buffalo was a "meddlesome" owner, what makes you think he will do any better in Dallas with that "hands on" owner?

Wade also didn't know how to handle his QBs. What's kinda sad about that is...JP and Holcomb weren't acting like children through the media the way Flutie and Johnson were. It's scary when Mularkey can do any aspect of his job better than someone else.