Senetors Fans reaction...

stevestojan

Buffalo was bush-league to start targeting stars so blatantly after what was almost certainly a CLEAN hit. The only case you could make for it would be interference.

Clean hit.And Ruff sent out the goons. Bush league.

This is their thread about the game... I started ya at page 8, where they first saw the Drury hit...

Enjoy:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=348452&page=8

Buffalo was bush-league to start targeting stars so blatantly after what was almost certainly a CLEAN hit. The only case you could make for it would be interference.

This is their thread about the game... I started ya at page 8, where they first saw the Drury hit...

Enjoy:

They might be drinking a little too much.

They'd be crying like bitches if the situation was reversed. I agree with them that the hit wasn't all that bad but anyone who knows ANYTHING about hockey knows you HAVE to respond to it.

That's one of the reasons Lindy was so pissed. We score 2 goals in 37 seconds. You know there's going to be a physical response to that in a rivalry game. Lindy sent out Peters, Mair and Kaleta for a shift to give the Sens the chance and Ottawa did nothing. Not long after, Neil runs Drury. Murray can pretend he doesn't know the code, but that's total BS.

The Sabres did exactly what they should have done. You cannot let a guy take a run at one of your best players (especially when he is in a vulnerable position) and not do something. Other teams are trying to be more physical with the Sabres. There is no doubt in my mind that Neal went out of his way to try to deliver a message to Drury (if not in fact hurt him on purpose).

I have no problem with Lindy sending out Peters et al on the next shift. In fact, I would not mind seeing Lindy starting Saturday's game with that same line.

If the shoe were on the other foot, Brian Murray and the Sens would be screaming bloody murder.

Great win for the Sabres.

They'd be crying like bitches if the situation was reversed. I agree with them that the hit wasn't all that bad but anyone who knows ANYTHING about hockey knows you HAVE to respond to it.

You have to forgive them though, being Sens fans they are used to having pussified teams that would never respond to a situation like that had it happened to their captain. I don't care if the hit was as clean as they come, when your captain is lying on the ice in a pool of blood there needs to be a response.

Enjoy:

It was asinine for Murray to send out his skill players immediately afterwards. Buffalo had to respond to whatever players Murray sent out.

The hit was not clean. It was late but worse was it was head hunting. Neil extended upwards to hit Drury in the head. He did not stay in the usual bent knee skating posture to hit Drury in the shoulder.

Enjoy:

Thanks for the link.

I read some of the posts.....alot of crying going on in there!

What an awesome game!!

I agree with them that the hit wasn't all that bad

It was a late hit, but if Neil really wanted to, he could have fugged Drury up serious. Although it drew a ton of blood, Neil really did not try to put the wood to him.

Still, you have to respond, that is where Ottawa comes out in the end looking like the pussies they really are.

It was a late hit, but if Neil really wanted to, he could have fugged Drury up serious. Although it drew a ton of blood, Neil really did not try to put the wood to him.

Still, you have to respond, that is where Ottawa comes out in the end looking like the pussies they really are.

I agree..if another team player is going with my goalie...he is taken out before he gets his first shot in...the cowards just sit there and watch...

he looked like one last night. he got the better of Biron pretty quickly, and held his own with Peters.

LOL.I bet the players had fun busting on Marty in the locker room for getting rag dolled by Emery!

(though Emery does have quite the rep. as a fighter going back to his junior hockey days)

What a great win! What a fun team to root for- we are fortunate!

Oh bite me you Canadian sissie boys

Peters: You said you wanted to get Neil. Do you really wanna get him? You see what I'm saying is, what are you prepared to do?

Mair: Anything and everything in my power.

Peters: And *then* what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way because they're not gonna give up the fight until one of you is dead.

Mair: How do you do it then?

Peters: You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Buffalo way, and that's how you get Neil! Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?