Lindy Ruff Morning Press Conference

taterhill

Lindy Ruff: I am personally placing a hundred-dollar bounty on the head of Chris Neal. He's the chief punk on that Ottawa team.

Paul Hamilton: A bounty?

Lindy Ruff: Yeah, a hundred bucks of my own money for the first of my guys who really nails that creep.

Later in the day.....

Darcy Regier: Are you crazy? We could all end up in the clinker for this. You can't put a bounty on a man's head.

Lindy Ruff: I just did.

[Hangs up, Phone rings again]

Adam Mair: Coach, I want that hundred dollars.

Lindy Ruff: Ya gotta earn it, Killer.

Adam Mair: My attitude's right.

Lindy Ruff: I am personally placing a hundred-dollar bounty on the head of Chris Neal. He's the chief punk on that Ottawa team.

Paul Hamilton: A bounty?

Lindy Ruff: Yeah, a hundred bucks of my own money for the first of my guys who really nails that creep.

Later in the day.....

Darcy Regier: Are you crazy? We could all end up in the clinker for this. You can't put a bounty on a man's head.

Lindy Ruff: I just did.

[Hangs up, Phone rings again]

Adam Mair: Coach, I want that hundred dollars.

Lindy Ruff: Ya gotta earn it, Killer.

Adam Mair: My attitude's right.

The following Saturday night...

Chris Neil: "Hundred bucks says you're gonna crack my skull."

Thomas Vanek: "I wouldn't crack your knuckles for a hundred bucks."

Chris Neil: "So, he's bluffing."

Thomas Vanek: "Somebody's gonna kill you, ya dumb son of a b_tch, but it's not gonna be me."

Still later that season...

Darcy A.K.A. 'Niles Frazier' Regier: "Every scout in the NHL is out there tonight, with contracts in their pockets, and they're looking for talent. For winners. OOOOOOOOOH. All my years of publicity...all the fashion shows and radiothons...for nothing!! They came here tonight...to scout the Sabres...the toughest team in the league...not this...buncha...pussies."

Old time hockey, indeed. We need the Hansons!!!

Lindy: Well good morning guys, a quick update on Chris, he got his bell rung and needed 32 stitches to close a gash. I apologize if I am a little groggy this morning, I spent all last night dragging Brian Murray behind my car.

The following Saturday night...

Chris Neil: "Hundred bucks says you're gonna crack my skull."

Thomas Vanek: "I wouldn't crack your knuckles for a hundred bucks."

Chris Neil: "So, he's bluffing."

Thomas Vanek: "Somebody's gonna kill you, ya dumb son of a b_tch, but it's not gonna be me."

Still later that season...

Darcy A.K.A. 'Niles Frazier' Regier: "Every scout in the NHL is out there tonight, with contracts in their pockets, and they're looking for talent. For winners. OOOOOOOOOH. All my years of publicity...all the fashion shows and radiothons...for nothing!! They came here tonight...to scout the Sabres...the toughest team in the league...not this...buncha...pussies."

Old time hockey, indeed. We need the Hansons!!!

awesome....I discovered this from 3 years ago...

[At the Sabres Fashion Show]

PA Announcer: Keep in mind that the perfect accessory for the man in your life is a season ticket to the Sabres' games.

Soup Cambell: I look like some cocksuckin' faggot. - Darcy, I don't care. Enough is enough. Nowhere in my contract does it say I gotta make a fool outta myself. Am I right? I'm gonna flash 'em, Joe. I'm gonna open this faggot robe and wiggle my dick.

Darcy:You will not.

Soup Cambell Yes I am, Darcy, and you know why? I want you to have a heart attack and die so we never have to do this again. - !@#$in' fashion show.

Darcy: It's good publicity. You fellas have not been drawin' 'em in the way you have in the past.

Soup Cambell: I'm gonna wiggle it at 'em, you cheap bastard. Be prepared, because when I yank it out, everybody in that audience except my wife is gonna be runnin' for the exits.

awesome....I discovered this from 3 years ago...

[At the Sabres Fashion Show]

Soup Campbell: I'm gonna flash'em, Darcy.

Darcy: No, you're not.

Soup Campbell: I'm gonna open up this faggot robe and wiggle my dick at em. And do you know why? Because I want you to have a heart-attack and die so we don't have to do this sh-- anymore. You and your !@#$ing fashion shows.

I think he said it to Miller, not Darcy.