O-Gun deal now official

OnTheRocks

It appears the Fish have taken another hit. This team is really gonna suck!

:rolleyes:

The Chicago Sun-Times reports the Bears have signed DE Adewale Ogunleye to a six-year, $33.4 million contract that includes $15 million in guaranteed money late Saturday night. He'll make a total of $20 million in the first three years. The Bears obtained Ogunleye from the Miami Dolphins for WR Marty Booker and a third-round pick in the 2005 draft. ''I'm very excited to get to this point -- to get on with the rest of my career,'' Ogunleye said late Saturday. ''[Miami wasn't] going to compensate me what I'm worth and I just have to move on. Now I have to go out and prove I am worth it. I'm just real excited.'' The Dolphins tried to have Bears RB Anthony Thomas included in the trade, the Chicago refused, forcing Miami to settle for a third round draft pick. The Bears needed Ogunleye, a legitimate edge pass rusher, and they beat the Redskins to the punch. The Dolphins talked with Washington, a source said, but while the Redskins had no problem meeting Ogunleye's contract demands, they couldn't come up with a package that would satisfy the Dolphins. Their last offer was believed to be WR Rod Gardner and a draft pick.

Archived