Toronto in a Frenzy for Al Gore

millbank

His point is valid: the theory of global warming is based on computer models. That brings up the question: let's say there's a 50% chance that what we're doing is causing the Earth to become more Venus-like. Should we start changing our behavior, or should we wait to be absolutely sure our present course will lead to disaster before thinking about change?

I was with you when you said his point is valid...i was being a smartass with the Skynet remark

Then you started into the statistics. Please don't start that that again :lol:

So if I've interpreted this correctly your hatred for a poorly defined group of people called liberals was, is, and forever shall be, the fault of those dammmed liberals you hate so much themselves.

Whoever they are... :blink::lol:;)

Interpretation incorrect because it does not correspond to the logic I clearly stated. What a shocker! I have no hatred for anybody except the Miami Dolphins, and now, the Ottawa Senators. Let's break it down for you nice and simple-like for you, afterwards we can get you a cookie and read you a story before bed :thumbdown: :

The first poster, Bluefire, said:

"Another poster that blames everything thats wrong in the world on liberals. Its a refreshing viewpoint indeed"

I said:

"As much as I don't like either," - Hmm. How does "I don't like blaming everything on liberals" = "I hate liberals"?

"it's not surprising" - Again. No hatred here.

"when one considers the substance-free, conspiracy theory, "I hate Bush" arguments that liberals have been using for years now" - Are you going to DENY that this is precisely what a clear majority of those calling themselves liberals, of all shapes and sizes - OR THOSE THAT CLAIM TO SPEAK FOR LIBERALS, have been doing for years now? Now that would be interesting. I would love to see anyone here try to BS their way out of that. Bring it! I could use the laugh!

"Stupidity breeds stupidity." - A tautology. I am sure we could even get Ramius and Holcombs_Arm to agree on this one.

"The liberals have no one to blame but themselves" - The person, whoever they are, that starts talking sh-- has no one else to blame when others talk sh-- back to them. :blink: This could be a Miami fan, you, or anybody. I fail to see how my "hatred", which doesn't exist, affects that simple fact of life.

"for lowering the bar." - Talking sh-- is a choice. And once chosen, the chooser must accept the consequences of that choice. If liberals, OR THOSE THAT CLAIM TO SPEAK FOR LIBERALS, decided to pursue low-end political tactics, why do they expect that conservatives, Republicans, Independents, or anybody else will not use the exact same tactics? If they have chosen to sleep with the hogs, why are they upset when they get muddy?

In a word: hypocrisy.

It appears that you believe that it's OK for liberals, or any group, to be silly and use silly tactics, but it is not OK when those same tactics are used on liberals, or any group, which is hypocrisy defined.

His point is valid: the theory of global warming is based on computer models. That brings up the question: let's say there's a 50% chance that what we're doing is causing the Earth to become more Venus-like. Should we start changing our behavior, or should we wait to be absolutely sure our present course will lead to disaster before thinking about change?

Obviously we should do nothing, since the true value of the Earth's climate is the average of Earth's and Venus' climate...so the Earth's climate is currently wrong...