Can we all at least agree on one thing?

stevestojan

Many people say, an I even somewhat agree, that it would be tough to throw Losman into the fire and expect him to excel. You say he needs to take some knocks, etc, before he is expected to do anything.

Well, by the time he is healthy (and reports on that vary), say we are 0-7, or 1-6, or 0-8, or 1-7 (basically, the season is over).

Can we agree that at that point, we should put Losman in?

I mean, if we wait until NEXT year to play him, that means we shouldnt expect playoffs until 2006 season?

So, we all want two things. Playoffs as soon as possible, and Losman to get his feet wet.

Well, why not let him get his feet wet NOW (when ready)? Why not let THIS year be his "welcome to the NFL" year, so next year he is ready, and confident?

And who knows, he may just win us a game or two. We all know it can't get worse.

And no, I don't think yesterday's loss was mainly Bledsoe's fault, but I do believe this team needs to go in a completly different direction. And i think that starts at QB.

Totally agree, man. It's not like JP has to take this team on his back and get us to the Superbowl. Get the kid in there, let him run for his life behind this craptacular line we have, and get a feel for the game. By the time he gets a half-way decent line, he'll have insane pocket presence. The sooner we get JP, Evans and McGahee on the same page the better. We're freaking 0-4 for godsakes.

Unless the unthinkable happens and the offense starts to click within now and the time Losman is 100% I'm all for it. However I feel that DB is only a small factor in the offenses woes. I'm starting to think that this offense wasn't all that close to becoming a good one like most of us thought in the pre-season.

Many people say, an I even somewhat agree, that it would be tough to throw Losman into the fire and expect him to excel. You say he needs to take some knocks, etc, before he is expected to do anything.

Well, by the time he is healthy (and reports on that vary), say we are 0-7, or 1-6, or 0-8, or 1-7 (basically, the season is over).

Can we agree that at that point, we should put Losman in?

I mean, if we wait until NEXT year to play him, that means we shouldnt expect playoffs until 2006 season?

So, we all want two things. Playoffs as soon as possible, and Losman to get his feet wet.

Well, why not let him get his feet wet NOW (when ready)?  Why not let THIS year be his "welcome to the NFL" year, so next year he is ready, and confident?

And who knows, he may just win us a game or two. We all know it can't get worse.

And no, I don't think yesterday's loss was mainly Bledsoe's fault, but I do believe this team needs to go in a completly different direction. And i think that starts at QB.

65225[/snapback]

That problem is about 9 or 10 games away at this point. I haven't thrown in the towel on those yet. At that point, if things have gone that bad, I really won't give a damn if we start you at QB or JP or Dennis Shaw. For what it is worth though, I think the coach should start whoever he thinks gives us the best chance to win those games rather than using it as a training ground for Losman. Any coach that would have any goal besides winning every game shouldn't be coaching. How do you turn to Eric Moulds and tell him to go all out, risking injury in a cause so lost that you are using it to see if an injured rookie can ride without training wheels?

Pride matters. I don't care if we are 0-15, I still want to see this team spit in the eye of their opponent and give their all for a win in the last game. If that means starting Losman because he is our best chance to win that game, fine, otherwise, I don't want to see him on the field.