Kelsay poised to cash in?

danzigdan

Charles Grant was franchised, Vonnie Holliday just re-signed w/ Dolphins, Justin Smith re-signed with Cincy, and Patrick Kearney could void his deal and become a free-agent if he isn't re-signed.

Kelsay could be one of the best DE's available and could ca$h in!

Charles Grant was franchised, Vonnie Holliday just re-signed w/ Dolphins, Justin Smith re-signed with Cincy, and Patrick Kearney could void his deal and become a free-agent if he isn't re-signed.

Who cares? He is the definition of average

Well, his stats from last year look OK. Given that the Bills went through a goodly period of time with DE question marks, I wouldn't be hasty in giving him the heave-ho.

Yeah, but I would prefer to use his spot on the roster to develop someone else because they will have to pay him more than he is worth. No big wup

I was never overly impressed with Kelsey’s play and this past season he seemed to be more active. Every time I hear his name I get this picture of #90 coming up to the point of action, after the play is over, and standing over a pile of players adjusting his shoulder pads. Every time I see him on the field he’s standing up adjusting something! :blink:

I was never overly impressed with Kelsey’s play and this past season he seemed to be more active. Every time I hear his name I get this picture of #90 coming up to the point of action, after the play is over, and standing over a pile of players adjusting his shoulder pads. Every time I see him on the field he’s standing up adjusting something! :blink:

Perfect. It's funny because every workplace has a guy like that

I don't believe the franchised Justin Smith has signed quite yet - but there's little doubt that he will. Unless somebody wants to hand the B'gals two 1st round picks. :blink:

Yeah, but I would prefer to use his spot on the roster to develop someone else because they will have to pay him more than he is worth. No big wup

Nonsense. The man is entering his prime and has already displayed the ability to rush the quaterback.

NEWSFLASH: The Bills are 39 million dollars under the cap, and Ralph is making a profit. Where, given this low quality and shrinking crop of free agents would you rather Ralph pry the cash out of his wallet and spend it? Steinbach? Me too, but there is enough cap space there to sign Nate, Steinbach, Kelsay AND franchise Fletcher. The problem is that Ralph refuses to spend it, and Marv announced it to the football world.

Kelsay can play. He is better than Hargrove, and needs to remain on the team.

Nonsense. The man is entering his prime and has already displayed the ability to rush the quaterback.

NEWSFLASH: The Bills are 39 million dollars under the cap, and Ralph is making a profit. Where, given this low quality and shrinking crop of free agents would you rather Ralph pry the cash out of his wallet and spend it? Steinbach? Me too, but there is enough cap space there to sign Nate, Steinbach, Kelsay AND franchise Fletcher. The problem is that Ralph refuses to spend it, and Marv announced it to the football world.

Nicely put.

Kelsay isn't a Peppers, but seems to give reliable play. Stability matters...having players at positions that are good enough, if not world-beaters, so that every draft isn't a mad dash to try to fill this or that hole. The enviable position to be in is the one where you are drafting collegians and grooming them to step in when current players move on, slow up and so forth.

Kelsay isn't a Peppers, but seems to give reliable play. Stability matters...having players at positions that are good enough, if not world-beaters, so that every draft isn't a mad dash to try to fill this or that hole.

Yes, especially at the DE position. Do posters think that the pass rushing DEs are no longer UFAs for no reason? These players are VERY hard to find. Personally, I wish that they would sign Kelsay and extend Schobel yet again. He deserves it. He is a pro bowl player at a position which is ever so hard to fill.

When a Chris Kelsay is the prime DE available in free agency, you're better off putting your money in Lotto. There's no way that Bills could or should pay $8 million for a rotation DE.

Bills addressed their Chris Kelsay issue last year when they traded for Hargrove.

When a Chris Kelsay is the prime DE available in free agency, you're better off putting your money in Lotto. There's no way that Bills could or should pay $8 million for a rotation DE.

Bills addressed their Chris Kelsay issue last year when they traded for Hargrove.

I'd be surprised if any team aims to pony up that much. I doubt that Kelsay & agent are going to make idiot demands like that guy from IND a few years back - Chad Bratzke or some such - who ended up signing for less than the Colt's original offer.

If his price tag is palatable to the Bills' budget - for whatever that means - they should re-sign him.

I predict Kelsay to make in the 3-4 million per year range on his new deal from whomever gets it to him. Free agency has a way of bloating players value, especially defenseive lineman. Hell, look at Justin Bannan, last year he signed with the Ravens for something like 3 years , 8 million. Do you remember Justin Bannan, becuase I do and the Justin Bannan I remember was barely worth a dime(although I think Tim Anderson is crappier).

I already posted that I don't want the Bills to spend much THIS season on free agents. Do you really believe the Bills should sign all the players you listed?

Kelsay is the kind of player whose salary you have to SAVE money on. Not the kind you overpay at all (some players you might give a little extra, anticipating that by the last years of the contract he will be underpaid). I would be surprised if the Bills make much of an offer, and I won't fret over it if he leaves.

I'd be surprised if any team aims to pony up that much. I doubt that Kelsay & agent are going to make idiot demands like that guy from IND a few years back - Chad Bratzke or some such - who ended up signing for less than the Colt's original offer.

If his price tag is palatable to the Bills' budget - for whatever that means - they should re-sign him.

Unless he's signing for 2-3 mill per year (which he prob wouldn't) I say let him go. Use the $ elsewhere and go with a Hargrove/Denney combo and maybe grab a late round DE. Kelsay is ok, but for the most part has been a poor man's Schobel.

I predict Kelsay to make in the 3-4 million per year range on his new deal from whomever gets it to him. Free agency has a way of bloating players value, especially defenseive lineman. Hell, look at Justin Bannan, last year he signed with the Ravens for something like 3 years , 8 million. Do you remember Justin Bannan, becuase I do and the Justin Bannan I remember was barely worth a dime(although I think Tim Anderson is crappier).

Predictions like this are fun, considering I am just as likely (if not more) to be wrong than correct, but I am going to guess that he gets at least between 30 and 35 million for 5 years (with 10 mil to sign), and after 3 seasons, his salary will appear small due to cap increases.

Btw, that is funny stuff about Bannan and Anderson. Imo, the difference between the 2 is that Anderson LOOKS like he should be able to play football when he takes the field, and then he consistently sucks.

Do you remember Corey Loucheiy? He looked so much like a prototype RT, it took me more than a year to realize that he couldn't play at all. :wallbash::wallbash: