Toured The Enemy Headquarters Sunday

dpbillsfan

Spent the weekend in Dallas and decided to take a tour of the Cowboy's stadium. Of course I had to wear my Bills golf shirt and caught alot of grief from the staff for it, but it was all in good fun. Did give the tour guide some crap about Bledsoe. Tour was pretty cool as you got to go down on the field and throw around a football and do pretty much what you wanted to. I was tempted to take a leak on the star, but I'm sure my wife would have frowned on that. <_<

One thing I didn't realize was how much the field was sloped from the middle to each sideline. We were standing at one corner of the end zone and a van was sitting in the opposite endzone and you couldn't see the tires on it, really wierd.

One thing I didn't realize was how much the field was sloped from the middle to each sideline. We were standing at one corner of the end zone and a van was sitting in the opposite endzone and you couldn't see the tires on it, really wierd.

That is actually the reason TO gives for not being found a reliable part of the Cowboys offense. Says Owens, "I run a crossing route in our home opener and I'm open because everyone knows I'm going to be open because that's just me...I'm a great receiver with great hands...so it wasn't until the third quarter when I didn't catch a pass, and Bledsoe explained that the minute I was outside the hash marks, I would start shrinking away and he couldn't see me any more. That's why I dropped so many balls this year. I couldn't see them coming over the hill."

Spent the weekend in Dallas and decided to take a tour of the Cowboy's stadium. Of course I had to wear my Bills golf shirt and caught alot of grief from the staff for it, but it was all in good fun. Did give the tour guide some crap about Bledsoe. Tour was pretty cool as you got to go down on the field and throw around a football and do pretty much what you wanted to. I was tempted to take a leak on the star, but I'm sure my wife would have frowned on that. :blink:

Most football fields are "sloped" like that so that rain runs from the middle of the field toward the sidelines. I don't think it's needed much these days because of the state of the art drainage systems. But that stadium is kind of old I think, relatively speaking, so the crown is still there I'm guessing.

Most football fields are "sloped" like that so that rain runs from the middle of the field toward the sidelines. I don't think it's needed much these days because of the state of the art drainage systems. But that stadium is kind of old I think, relatively speaking, so the crown is still there I'm guessing.

The crown on the old AstroTurf at the Ralph was ~9 inches from midfield to each sideline.

I don't think there's one on the new field. Drainage is done via the subsurfaces rather/more than physically directing water away from the playing area.