Houston Striking gold?

K-Gun10

There have been rumors Denver might send Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell and their first-round pick to Houston for the Texans No. 8 pick in the draft, in the hopes of drafting Adrian Peterson.

-- Rocky Mountain News

What do u guys think of this i know its not bills related but is this a better deal for houston and remember they still have Domanick Davis

I think that deal favors Denver. If they think Cutler is for real, then they are basically making a great move to provide him with a workhorse back who has Probowl potential for years to come. And what are they giving up?

A backup QB

A system RB.

No brainer for the Broncos IMO...

The trade itself favors Denver but I question why they'd use the 8th pick in the draft on Peterson. They've been able to plug anybody they want into their backfield and have a successful running game so why bother using such a high pick on a RB?

The trade itself favors Denver but I question why they'd use the 8th pick in the draft on Peterson. They've been able to plug anybody they want into their backfield and have a successful running game so why bother using such a high pick on a RB?

Yep. And I've always wondered why the NFL has never come down on them for their clipping, crack-back OL play through many years.

You would think other team owners would raise a fuss...but I suppose, as long as the $$$ continues to rise, a player here and there being crippled is a mere trifle...

Depends what you consider a succesful running game.

Together tatum and mike bell had decent stats. Taking a closer look individualy Tatum Bell was anything but productive and has proved to be best served as a change of pace back and not the everydown type back a terrell davis, mike anderson, clinton portis were.

Tatum Bell while he is pretty damn fast, is not a guy you can give a lot of carries too and expect consistent results.

In his 3 seasons has proven unreliable as a receiver. If you can get draft picks for the guy who is nothing more then a change of pace back you go for it. Bell doesn't offer you a good goalline option. In a rb system you need at least 1 rb who can handle the majority of carries and adrian peterson undoubtedly would offer that. While Mike Bell can offer them similar production to that of tatum. Adrain Peterson for the price of Jake Plummer and a #2 type back? Unreal trade for denver if they can do it.

Rumor has it Denver's going to cut Plummer anyway. He's not exactly in high demand and Kubiak was his position coach in Denver, so Houston can probably get him for free (that is, without giving anything up fpr him) and take Peterson themselves if he's around at 8. So why make the trade to pick up a lesser RB and a QB you can have for nothing? Just for Denver's much later first round pick?

There are at least 3 teams that would take a look at AP before the #8 pick. It's a risk by Denver, but a good one if it works.

Even if AP is gone, they are essentially swapping picks since Plummer is as good as gone and Tatum Bell lives in Shanny's doghouse. Great deal for Broncos fans if it goes through.

Even if AP is gone, they are essentially swapping picks since Plummer is as good as gone and Tatum Bell lives in Shanny's doghouse. Great deal for Broncos fans if it goes through.

I think that's part of any Denver RBs contract. To be in the Rats doghouse.

Rumor has it Denver's going to cut Plummer anyway. He's not exactly in high demand and Kubiak was his position coach in Denver, so Houston can probably get him for free (that is, without giving anything up fpr him) and take Peterson themselves if he's around at 8. So why make the trade to pick up a lesser RB and a QB you can have for nothing? Just for Denver's much later first round pick?

I heard this past weekend, that John Gruden would like to try to obtain Plummer for the Bucs. He is not sold on Gradkowski (sp?) or Chris Simms, and has always liked Plummer...we shall see...

There have been rumors Denver might send Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell and their first-round pick to Houston for the Texans No. 8 pick in the draft, in the hopes of drafting Adrian Peterson.

-- Rocky Mountain News

What do u guys think of this i know its not bills related but is this a better deal for houston and remember they still have Domanick Davis

I don't think Peterson will last until the eighth pick so I don't know what to think. The Raiders need a running back as does Detroit. They both also could use a QB so who knows what is going to happen.

Plummer is done in Denver and Tatum Bell has always been a disappointment. The Broncos need a running back if they put Bell in a deal with Plummer. But Mike can always surprise in the draft. I think Denver could also use a wideout.

-- Rocky Mountain News

Denver easily wins this trade.

The main benefit for Houston is that there fans don't have sit through another humiliating first round draft choice.

(That being said- Houston did do quite well with the rest of there draft last year)