I'm sick of the snow!!!

buckeyemike

Yeah right, Tell me about the water rights wars you guys are having. What the hell is a “water market”, thank god it’s not part of the Western NY lexicon. Also you are one good Earthquake from falling into the ocean.

California Water Plan, Bulletin 160-98. DWR predicts that by 2020, California will experience water shortages of 2.4 million acre-feet (an acre-foot is about 326,000 gallons, a one-year supply for two typical families of four.)

As California’s water needs increase, the rules that govern California water grow more complicated. The result is a myriad of laws and policies so complex that it defies understanding and makes reform seemingly impossible. One solution both policymakers and water users are discovering can help alleviate water shortages is water markets. Water markets balance supply with demand. Although water markets do not create new supplies, they reallocate water to make more efficient use of existing supplies, promote water conservation, and allow water users to get more out of their water supply than they otherwise could.

Let me get this straight, you'd rather live in WNY than have to live in southern California because we have to fight a bit for our water? Then please, do not B word about the snow, taxes, rain, politics, potholes, mud, low incomes, lack of sun, polluted lakes, rusted cars....have I missed anything? One good earthquake from falling into the ocean, that's a good one. :thumbsup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I went for my usual Sunday morning gas run before church.

It started snowing heavily while I was at the gas station. The roads were more slick than I thought they would be. I almost got into an accident (my second near-miss in the last two days -- yesterday, I literally could not stop before a red light, and had to turn right before I hit two cars going through the green light).

My tires are not new, but they are still good, and my brake discs were just replaced in November. I know it's driver error, but still, I'm getting scared to drive in this weather.

I really, really want the warm temperatures to arrive. It's supposed to be near 40 on Tuesday, with temps in the mid to upper 30s the rest of the week, and 45 on Saturday with plenty of rain for my nephew Brian's first birthday party.

We have close to 20 inches on the ground now...I know it pales in comparison to what a lot of you have, but it's too much for me.

Sounds like an Ohio driver. :thumbsup:

I love this snow. Without this weather, I wouldn't be able to go skiing. If I didn't love snow and winter, I'd move south. I don't know what all the complaining is about if you live in a region that experiences winter. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to deal with the climates in your region. Embrace what you have or go somewhere else that makes you happy.

I love this snow. Without this weather, I wouldn't be able to go skiing. If I didn't love snow and winter, I'd move south. I don't know what all the complaining is about if you live in a region that experiences winter. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to deal with the climates in your region. Embrace what you have or go somewhere else that makes you happy.

Let's see, I live 20 minutes from the ocean and it was in the mid 80's this past weekend. I'm also an hour and a half away from skiing.

Yeah right, Tell me about the water rights wars you guys are having. What the hell is a “water market”, thank god it’s not part of the Western NY lexicon. Also you are one good Earthquake from falling into the ocean.

California Water Plan, Bulletin 160-98. DWR predicts that by 2020, California will experience water shortages of 2.4 million acre-feet (an acre-foot is about 326,000 gallons, a one-year supply for two typical families of four.)

As California’s water needs increase, the rules that govern California water grow more complicated. The result is a myriad of laws and policies so complex that it defies understanding and makes reform seemingly impossible. One solution both policymakers and water users are discovering can help alleviate water shortages is water markets. Water markets balance supply with demand. Although water markets do not create new supplies, they reallocate water to make more efficient use of existing supplies, promote water conservation, and allow water users to get more out of their water supply than they otherwise could.

I hopefully will have four wells that can deliver all the water I need and then some, in the very near future. Keeping my fingers crossed that the escrow closes smoothly by the end of this month. Knock on wood.

Let's see, I live 20 minutes from the ocean and it was in the mid 80's this past weekend. I'm also an hour and a half away from skiing.

Also two hours from desert recreation as well. You can go from desert sand, mountain snow to sandy beach in a two - three hour drive span if you wanted to.

Also two hours from desert recreation as well. You can go from desert sand, mountain snow to sandy beach in a two - three hour drive span if you wanted to.

And with the impending massive earthquake they're all predicting it will cut the drive time to probably 30-40 minutes.

Yeah, I guess I was complaining. I don't really mind the snow. What I hate is the ice and the constant freezing temperatures that finally broke yesterday.

I slipped on ice and broke my arm seven years ago...broke the humerus bone clean in two.

No, it was not humerus. <_<

I'm assuming you also pay incredible amounts for housing and taxes are through the roof

Are you talking to me? If so homes are expensive but I was lucky, bought mine five years ago. Taxes through the roof? Now I think you're talking to someone in WNY buried under six feet of snow and too many taxes.

Are you talking to me? If so homes are expensive but I was lucky, bought mine five years ago. Taxes through the roof? Now I think you're talking to someone in WNY buried under six feet of snow and too many taxes.

(Hillary, in a Mighty Mouse voice)

Here I come to save the day!! <_<

No more cheap coal electricity for you. Your California betters have so decreed. <_<

You don’t pay taxes in the land of fruits and nuts, you pay “Fees”. What a joke your governor is! You guys pay taxes up the a$$, you just don’t call it taxes. How much does it cost to register your car?

Enjoy living in the Peoples Republic of the United State of Mexico. <_<

You don’t pay taxes in the land of fruits and nuts, you pay “Fees”. What a joke your governor is! You guys pay taxes up the a$$, you just don’t call it taxes. How much does it cost to register your car?

Enjoy living in the Peoples Republic of the United State of Mexico. <_<

Who said we don't pay taxes. You live in NY? If you do you have no right to say we pay more taxes. NY is one of the highest in the nation. Sounds like someone's a bit jealous.

Who said we don't pay taxes. You live in NY? If you do you have no right to say we pay more taxes. NY is one of the highest in the nation. Sounds like someone's a bit jealous.

looks like my state comes in with the second lowest state-local tax burden at 7.4%

NYS's 12.0% is just ridiculous

where does it go? <_<

Add in all the hidden "Fees"/taxes and nut land is just as bad or worse then western NY (aka paradise)

And what hidden fees/taxes are you talking about? What, am I living in a bank? And nothing is quite as bad as WNY. I've lived in both places, have you?