I'm sick of the snow!!!

buckeyemike

This morning I went for my usual Sunday morning gas run before church.

It started snowing heavily while I was at the gas station. The roads were more slick than I thought they would be. I almost got into an accident (my second near-miss in the last two days -- yesterday, I literally could not stop before a red light, and had to turn right before I hit two cars going through the green light).

My tires are not new, but they are still good, and my brake discs were just replaced in November. I know it's driver error, but still, I'm getting scared to drive in this weather.

I really, really want the warm temperatures to arrive. It's supposed to be near 40 on Tuesday, with temps in the mid to upper 30s the rest of the week, and 45 on Saturday with plenty of rain for my nephew Brian's first birthday party.

We have close to 20 inches on the ground now...I know it pales in comparison to what a lot of you have, but it's too much for me.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sick of the snow as well. It makes my local weather forcasts all icky when they cut away from my high of 78 today and sunny forcast with those nasty pictures of blizzard like conditions in the north east. Bring on the summer.

Which brings up the question, when your getting your freezing temps forcast and 20 inches of snow overnight prediction, do they cut away to pictures of San Diego and other warm weather locations to make you feel better ?

I'm really sick of the snow as well. It makes my local weather forcasts all icky when they cut away from my high of 78 today and sunny forcast with those nasty pictures of blizzard like conditions in the north east. Bring on the summer.

Which brings up the question, when your getting your freezing temps forcast and 20 inches of snow overnight prediction, do they cut away to pictures of San Diego and other warm weather locations to make you feel better ?

You know what they say; Soft people live in soft places. I got all the fresh water I can drink and don’t have to worry about falling into the ocean.

Don't forget earthquakes, wild fires, smog, and traffic...

You're right. We have those pesky earthquakes day in and day out for six months straight. And those wild fires, I've seen my house burn down and rebuilt 6 times in the last two years. And that smog wow terrible here by the ocean. I've replaced my respirator 6 times this year already. And the traffic........ok, got me there.

You're right. We have those pesky earthquakes day in and day out for six months straight. And those wild fires, I've seen my house burn down and rebuilt 6 times in the last two years. And that smog wow terrible here by the ocean. I've replaced my respirator 6 times this year already. And the traffic........ok, got me there.

:lol:

But Chef...it is raining her in South Bay today...oh the horror! I need to move! :(

Plenty of fresh water to drink and dont worry about falling into the ocean.

Yeah right, Tell me about the water rights wars you guys are having. What the hell is a “water market”, thank god it’s not part of the Western NY lexicon. Also you are one good Earthquake from falling into the ocean.

California Water Plan, Bulletin 160-98. DWR predicts that by 2020, California will experience water shortages of 2.4 million acre-feet (an acre-foot is about 326,000 gallons, a one-year supply for two typical families of four.)

As California’s water needs increase, the rules that govern California water grow more complicated. The result is a myriad of laws and policies so complex that it defies understanding and makes reform seemingly impossible. One solution both policymakers and water users are discovering can help alleviate water shortages is water markets. Water markets balance supply with demand. Although water markets do not create new supplies, they reallocate water to make more efficient use of existing supplies, promote water conservation, and allow water users to get more out of their water supply than they otherwise could.