Carlos Mencia...

Chilly

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched that vid a few days ago, and i really thought that Joe Rogan was being a total douchebag. He is the same comedian that accused dane cook of stealing material too. Fact of the matter is that there are so many comics out there that there will be some overlap beit intentional or not. That said, for one half of the crew that ruined the Man Show, he really should pipe it. :worthy:

i watched that vid a few days ago, and i really thought that Joe Rogan was being a total douchebag. He is the same comedian that accused dane cook of stealing material too. Fact of the matter is that there are so many comics out there that there will be some overlap beit intentional or not. That said, for one half of the crew that ruined the Man Show, he really should pipe it. :worthy:

The Man Show was hysterical. When is Juggy Vanessa giong to make a BOTD apparence?

btw, Jimmy Kimmel ruined it by becoming famous enough for a talk show.

This is the same Joe Rogan that was dropped by his agent and banned from the Comedy Store.

BECAUSE of this incident. why? because right now Carlos, or Ned rather, is a bigger money draw with a show on Comedy Central.

Ned Holness DOES steal jokes. 99% of the crap that comes out of his mouth is NOT funny. his lack of talent forces him to steal jokes.

im not a huuuge fan of Rogan by any means, but Ned Holness has never been funny. he was a stop-gap put in by Comedy Central to replace time when Chappelle ditched out on them. they wanted to still have the racially driven comedy and didnt want to plug in another black comedian, so they put in a "mexican" because it's a big issue in the news and they figured he'd pull ratings in on that alone.

and Dane Cook does indeed steal jokes as well.

both are good "performers" but neither write any funny jokes. the last Dane Cook DOUBLE cd had 2 good jokes on the entire thing.

RIP Mitch Hedberg

This is the same Joe Rogan that was dropped by his agent and banned from the Comedy Store.

Edit: Didn't Joe accuse Denis Leary, Dane Cook and Robin Williams of stealing jokes as well?

Those 3 are the most widely known comedy thieves.

This brings up the point that comedy is not all about the writing of the joke, it is also about the delivery of the joke. Still, to call out a bunch of good comics IMO, is to be a total retard. Besides Joe Rogan is not funny. I think he sucks more than the stripper i saw in the "donkey show"

This brings up the point that comedy is not all about the writing of the joke, it is also about the delivery of the joke. Still, to call out a bunch of good comics IMO, is to be a total retard. Besides Joe Rogan is not funny. I think he sucks more than the stripper i saw in the "donkey show"

So what? Its still Plagiarism. Even if someone sucks at delivering it, its still HIS work and HIS property.

No matter how unfunny any comedian is in the delivery of their jokes, no other comedian has the right to steal his work. Joe Rogan, as unfunny as he may be, is the only one with enough balls to call them out.

So what? Its still Plagiarism. Even if someone sucks at delivering it, its still HIS work and HIS property.

No matter how unfunny any comedian is in the delivery of their jokes, no other comedian has the right to steal his work. Joe Rogan, as unfunny as he may be, is the only one with enough balls to call them out.

:blink: I'll say that no matter what you talk about on stage, chances are that somebody has done it before. The big thing is how you make it different and appear new. Sometimes one overlaps another by coincidence and sometimes it is a blatant rip off. I don't think it was Rogan's place to call out Mencia. Lopez, and Ari should have. Then again Lopez did say that he wanted to be "the only wetback comic", so his motive would be suspect.

The big thing is how you make it different and appear new. Sometimes one overlaps another by coincidence and sometimes it is a blatant rip off.

Did Mencia make it different and new, or was it a blatant ripoff?

It seems like the heart of our disagreement is I believe it was a ripoff, while you believe that he made it different with his delivery.

Did Mencia make it different and new, or was it a blatant ripoff?

It seems like the heart of our disagreement is I believe it was a ripoff, while you believe that he made it different with his delivery.

eh, I actually agree that it was the same joke, but on such a common issue like that it is very possible that Mencia may not have seen Ari's bit. Then again, Carlos could be like every other Mexcian (I know he is not Mexican, rather from Honduras IIRC) and steal things from Americans

This brings up the point that comedy is not all about the writing of the joke, it is also about the delivery of the joke.

Which makes Sarah Silverman (see my avatar) the best comic out there! I can't say that I love her new Comedy Central show (too many fart/queef jokes), but this chick can tell a joke better than just about anyone....

Which makes Sarah Silverman (see my avatar) the best comic out there! I can't say that I love her new Comedy Central show (too many fart/queef jokes), but this chick can tell a joke better than just about anyone....

TOO MANY??! have you ever seen her stand up?? its pretty gross!! in a good way

I think just about every comedian can be accused of stealing someone else's jokes. Chances are, any script anyone writes, chances are it was told in the past, maybe in a different view, but the point got across. I mean, they can't all have a different point of view of blacks, whites, jews, gays, rednecks, retards, ect. Somewhere along the line they have to agree.

yea it isn't the greatest, but it is actually better than i thought it would be. the show seems to limited on ideas too. IMO she is much better stand-up, or when ripping on Bea Arthur

I think just about every comedian can be accused of stealing someone else's jokes. Chances are, any script anyone writes, chances are it was told in the past, maybe in a different view, but the point got across. I mean, they can't all have a different point of view of blacks, whites, jews, gays, rednecks, retards, ect. Somewhere along the line they have to agree.

without doubt, but the problem arises when Ned ends up coincidently telling the same jokes that guys he used to tour with told a couple years before. he was around the people that wrote those jokes, then used them. there is a direct trail that can be followed.