IF the Bills do nothing but sign Nate...

Given that they have 12 other free agents they could lose and only have about 6-7 draft picks (we'll see how the compensitory picks shake out), I think your scenario leaves us short.

2006 Bills who are free agents:

UFA

LB London Fletcher

DE Chris Kelsay

FB Daimon Shelton

CB Kiwaukee Thomas

G Mike Gandy

RB Anthony Thomas

WR Andre Davis

RFA

DL Anthony Hargrove

DT Tim Anderson

CB Jabari Greer

RB Shaud Williams

Also, I think Villlareal is "shot" and Holcolm could be gone if I read into the press conference right

8-9 of the above are positions we need to fill (others are mainly ST/depth). I'll be very uncomfortable if we head into the draft still needing a OG, MLB, DE, DT, nickle/depth CB, RB2, FB.... The impact of picking up "scraps" after the draft or needing to find players at each of these position who can play in 2007 is frightning.

I think it's more likely we sign a couple players before FA (K Thomas, Hargrove, Gandy? Greer?) , match 1 during FA? (Kelsay?) and pick up 3-4 veterans who could play, or who may be bonus-friendly enough to cut if someone better is found.

Then we pick up a couple UDFA's and a couple more vets who likely will be cut after training camp.

Marv wasn't exactly tight-lipped about the Bills off-season plans. From the press conference, one could reasonably gather a day 1 pick on a RB, a second day pick on a QB, 1 or 2 OL FA pickups, maybe a late round pick on a WR or TE (he sounded happy with our TE's and WR's), a day 1 pick at LB, and a FA pickup at CB if Nate is not retained (it sounds like the Bills will try to keep him though). The only position Marv didn't elaborate on was defensive line.