Steelers & Bronx re-tool

...after subpar 2003 seasons, those teams went back to the drawing board and found the elements they needed to become competitive quickly.

Roethlisberger is going to give teams headaches for years to come. He's good, and when the pocket breaks down, he can roll out and get the yards he needs. Plus, I like the touch he puts on the ball when he puts it up. I shudder to think what he and his cohorts will do to the Bills in the run-for-the-bus (and I don't mean Bettis) finale in January.

The Broncos have gotten the better of the Portis-for-Bailey swap. Their D is getting after people. And, Jake the Fake doesn't have to win games by himself...his OL is one of the best in the league and their running back corps is deep even with Portis gone.

And then, there's our sorry-ass football team. Donahoe needs to stop selecting players on "potential" instead look for "actual." This is getting old, people. Instead of wins, we get excuses. Close losses are the same as blowout losses, people. They are LOSSES!

Yeah, Greg. Big Ben is for real. My brother graduated from Miami of Ohio 15 years ago, and he first told me about Ben 2 seasons ago. I've been watching him over that period of time and he does look impressive. He seems to really be composed and not overwhelmed by being a pro QB.

...after subpar 2003 seasons, those teams went back to the drawing board and found the elements they needed to become competitive quickly.

Roethlisberger is going to give teams headaches for years to come.  He's good, and when the pocket breaks down, he can roll out and get the yards he needs.  Plus, I like the touch he puts on the ball when he puts it up.  I shudder to think what he and his cohorts will do to the Bills in the run-for-the-bus (and I don't mean Bettis) finale in January.

The Broncos have gotten the better of the Portis-for-Bailey swap.  Their D is getting after people.  And, Jake the Fake doesn't have to win games by himself...his OL is one of the best in the league and their running back corps is deep even with Portis gone.

And then, there's our sorry-ass football team.  Donahoe needs to stop selecting players on "potential" instead look for "actual."  This is getting old, people.  Instead of wins, we get excuses.  Close losses are the same as blowout losses, people.  They are LOSSES!

65032[/snapback]

I think in Pittsburgh, Donahoe had multiple restraints on his free-wheeling tendencies.  In Buffalo, the restraints have been removed and we are seeing the consequences.