David Carr trade bait

RLflutie7

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd and a 5th seems high to me but i think the kid has some talent, let him go to cleveland he might need a change of scenery

Cleveland? If there's any team that's been worse then the Texans in building up a team it's been the Browns. While I agree the Browns should be looking for a QB I don't think Carr should look there. If Carr was wise he might want to consider Kansas City to maybe sit a year or two behind Trent Green as they work to rebuild their O-line.

but wouldn't that then affect his completion percentage too? more risks = lower completion percentage.

I always thought what separated a good QB from a great one is his ability in the red zone. I wonder if that's Carr's missing link and that's why his TD's are so low.

You're right that it should (and does) affect completion percentage too. That shows you one of Carr's real strong areas to be able to achieve that high comp % without the benefit of many leads. Plus his offense did include many medium and deeper routes, unlike a west coast O that dumps a ton to the backs a TE.

Hold on a second here....Carr did not succeed because his O-Line gave him zero time...

Just like when RJ got sacked too often here...Flutie stepped right in and the sacks disappeared...

Same with Drew in New England and Brady stepped into the same situation and the sacks went down considerably..

Nah, has nothing to do much with QB presence in the pocket.

Carr = Richer RJ

I can't wait to see the new QB in Houston and watch the sacks go down by 50%.

Plus Romo took over for Bledsoe in Dallas and all of a sudden that O-line looked much better (Although they still new improvement in the future).

but wouldn't that then affect his completion percentage too? more risks = lower completion percentage.

I always thought what separated a good QB from a great one is his ability in the red zone. I wonder if that's Carr's missing link and that's why his TD's are so low.

Yes. He can't get his team in the endzone.

Cleveland? If there's any team that's been worse then the Texans in building up a team it's been the Browns. While I agree the Browns should be looking for a QB I don't think Carr should look there. If Carr was wise he might want to consider Kansas City to maybe sit a year or two behind Trent Green as they work to rebuild their O-line.

Kansas City already has Huard who might challenge Green for a starting spot this season. Why would they get David Carr...

David Carrs options are more like the Vikings, Browns, or Oakland. Oakland might sign him in and pick the OT Joe Thomas and that may not be very bad.

Kansas City already has Huard who might challenge Green for a starting spot this season. Why would they get David Carr...

David Carrs options are more like the Vikings, Browns, or Oakland. Oakland might sign him in and pick the OT Joe Thomas and that may not be very bad.

Huard's due to be an UFA and 34 years old. Green's 37. I think the reason they'd take Carr is because he's only 27 and offers some upside. In terms of Oakland taking an OT early, let's not forget a few years ago they took Robert Gallery 2nd overall a few years ago. I doubt they'd take another OT so early again. Instead taking a QB to develop and/or WR to replace Moss/Porter might be a wiser decision.

The Texans say they want a 2nd through 5th round pick for him. I wouldn't give them a dime for him. He's one of the biggest QB bust in NFL history.

The funny thing to me was how Carr dodged the critics. McNabb and Vick get ripped all the time and with Carr you never hear a peep. People laugh at Ryan Leaf, yet Carr was just as bad. I don't think he'll even make it as a backup.

I'm thinking Jeff Garcia would be a perfect fit for the Texans. I think they'll be a surprise team if they get better at QB.

people can say what they want about david carr being a bust and all but i am going to have to take carrs side on this one. carr hasn't had any protection since he has been in this league. they have consistently had the worst play from any offensive line in the league(41 sack last year, 68 in 2005). in 2006 his QB rating was an 82.1 which is just under Losmans glorious 84.9.