Free Agency Preview of Defensve Backs

Link

Well somebody on this list will be playing for the Bills in 2007 IMHO(I can't see them not putting a veteran with McGee and Youboty)

- and it wont be Clements or Thomas.

Who would you want?

Who do you think we will get?

I think it's important to sign Clements OR Thomas, of course I would want both if had my choice. My second option would be Clements and Groce followed by Clements and any other CB. I could also live with a Nick Harper and/or David Macklin coupled with Thomas. Though as things stand now I think we're going to end up with Fisher and Thomas which isn't too bad in my eyes as a worse case scenario. Though my true worse case scenario is loosing both Clements and Thomas and signing any CB not mentioned above and drafting a CB in the first day of the draft.

Of the UFA and RFAs these are the guys I like the most, but Nate and Asante really are the only true class of this CB free agent class.

Asante (obviously)

Travis Fisher

Lenny Walls

Jason David

Of the possible cuts, guys who I thikn could fit in our system:

Ken Lucas

Shawn Springs(if he can stay healthy)

Sam Madison(stop-gap player with experience, never hurts)

Brian Kelly(perfect cover 2 guy)

Dwight Smith(i know hes a safety but he was pretty good in tampa as a corner and even though he has off the field issues, one would have to consider him for the right price).

David Barrett

Again, obviously each guy would have to come at the right price or under the correct set of circumstances, but as it stands we're looking at a gaping hole in the secondary and we're gonna hve to bring in a vet to play one of the corner spots even if hes not a starter.