Watch out for "dangerous" hybrid cars

KD in CA

Give me a break....

:wallbash:

Maybe we should equip all cars with those big, pimping mufflers for maximum decible output.

I'd worry more about the battery pack's high voltage and amperage, of a magnitude that those circuits are protected as well as possible and festooned with caution warnings.

However, in a crash, those protections can get violated. The leaking current can electrocute you.

So I'm sorry, Prius/Accord/Lexus/Highlander/Escape/Vue hybrid folks...if you and your vehicle are all bent up...you are on your own. :blink:

Hybrid cars are great. You can pay less for gas every time you go to the pump.

Because of the considerably higher cost over an equivalent non-electric hybrid model, you have to drive them past 100K miles or so just to break even.

They are trendy social statements - with a lot of sophistication that can bedevil and fail. In the case of the Prius, the battery pack warranty is 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. If it fails at 100,001 miles, prepare to shell out $4,500 or so for the replacements.

The article makes a point about ambient noise. Much as we've gotten used to excessive ambient light due to 3rd brake lts & daytime running lights to the point where they've lost (most of) their effectiveness, eventualy, we become acclimated to the lessor ambient noise of cars.

As for a more proactive solution, how bout the blind wearing hearing attentuating devices or carrying some sort of radar/sonar type device? Seems like a better solution to me.

They are trendy social statements - with a lot of sophistication that can bedevil and fail.

Yeah...I should have bought a Ford Expedition, or some other American-built trendy social statement with very little sophistication that STILL bedevils and fails nonetheless... :wallbash:

Actually, you can still smell Nancy Pelosi in most of the state, so it may have been that.

The rain last Thursday actually got rid of the urine smell (at least for a few days). There were no bums sleeping on the grass in front of city hall because it was raining. I also have to look up stuff in the library and they were all in there! Had to hold my breath half the time!

The rain last Thursday actually got rid of the urine smell (at least for a few days). There were no bums sleeping on the grass in front of city hall because it was raining. I also have to look up stuff in the library and they were all in there! Had to hold my breath half the time!

Gee, that sounds very "progressive". :lol: