Lock Bumping / Bump Keys

RayFinkle

Bump keys have been around for a long time and they work.

You can get a new lock, but it doesn't really help all that much.

Locks are a deterrant and help slow people down a little, but no lock can prevent someone from breaking in.

CW

what the hell do people steal when they break in?

computers? mine are old and outdated

tv? mine is too big to carry out with a conventional car...if you steal it with a van, you're not going to carry much else

i don't keep cash at home and my wife doesn't have my jewelry...anything more valuable is in a safety deposit box

tv? mine is too big to carry out with a conventional car...if you steal it with a van, you're not going to carry much else

i don't keep cash at home and my wife doesn't have my jewelry...anything more valuable is in a safety deposit box

Have a checkbook? Those are valuable.

DVDs and CDs are easily sold at pawn shops, as are electronics like DVD players, TiVos, cameras, camcorders, etc.

I think silverware (the fancy stuff) might be valuable.

Guns are valuable. Someone stole my grandfather's shotgun from the back of a closet many years ago.

To your point though, it's not like you get rich robbing a house. I find it horrible that someone would violate you for what will most likely be worth less than $500. :wallbash:

CW

They don't steal. They just infringe a little bit.

There are 3 Dobermans taking care of that little issue. I'd certainly think twice before entering a house with 260 pounds of feet, teeth, and attitude between me and anything of value.

Dobies, nice. Wonderful dogs. Seriously.

I have a Malamute/Husky mix and a Pit Bull guarding the house when I'm not home. I also employ the (G)Lock strategy when I am home. Potential thieves will move on to the next house.

Bump keys have been around for a long time and they work.

You can get a new lock, but it doesn't really help all that much.

Locks are a deterrant and help slow people down a little, but no lock can prevent someone from breaking in.

CW

Exactly, locks only keep honest people out.

Your virginity...

:lol::lol: