But...But..At Yesterday's Media Briefing They Said...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251712,00.html

It was headline news! I guess the White House got the media message they wanted, the truth be damned!

JAKARTA, Indonesia — The top U.S. military officer said Tuesday the discovery that roadside bombs in Iraq contained material made in Iran does not necessarily mean the Iranian government was involved in supplying insurgents.

The comments by Gen.Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called into question assertions by three senior U.S. military officials in Baghdad on Sunday who said the highest levels of Iranian government were responsible for arming Shiite militants in Iraq with the bombs, blamed for the deaths of more than 170 troops in the U.S.-led coalition.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said Monday he was confident the weaponry was coming with the approval of the Iranian government.

Pace told reporters in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, that U.S. forces hunting militant networks in Iraq that produced roadside bombs had arrested Iranians and some of the materials used in the devices were made in Iran.

"That does not translate that the Iranian government per se, for sure, is directly involved in doing this," Pace said. "What it does say is that things made in Iran are being used in Iraq to kill coalition soldiers."

But...But....they only blow people up because we want their oil!

BEIRUT, Lebanon (CNN) -- A pair of explosions hit two small buses in a Christian mountain town north of Beirut on Tuesday morning, killing at least three people and wounding seven others, authorities and Red Cross officials said.

A Lebanese army official said the attacks took place in Ain Alak in the country's Metn region and came one day before the second anniversary of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

Ain Alak is near Bikfaya, the home town of former President Amin Gemayel. His son Pierre was assassinated by gunmen in November and was Lebanon's industry minister at the time of his death.

But...But....they only blow people because we want their oil!

BEIRUT, Lebanon (CNN) -- A pair of explosions hit two small buses in a Christian mountain town north of Beirut on Tuesday morning, killing at least three people and wounding seven others, authorities and Red Cross officials said.

A Lebanese army official said the attacks took place in Ain Alak in the country's Metn region and came one day before the second anniversary of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

Ain Alak is near Bikfaya, the home town of former President Amin Gemayel. His son Pierre was assassinated by gunmen in November and was Lebanon's industry minister at the time of his death.

He knew you were going to say that. :thumbsup:

1) But...But....they only blow people up because we want their oil!

2) BEIRUT, Lebanon (CNN) -- A pair of explosions hit two small buses in a Christian mountain town north of Beirut on Tuesday morning, killing at least three people and wounding seven others, authorities and Red Cross officials said.

1) Whether or not we are there for the oil, it is a propaganda point we should have taken into consideration before invading, namely that it would be the dominate perception of why we are there.

2) I have to guess at what your point is here. You are saying Iran is behind this? Or is supplying the arms or something? Can't disagree that might be happening, but they have been fighting there for a very long time and the hate runs deep.

More to the point, what does that have to do with the super secret media briefing--ya, that sort of doesn't make sense, super secret media briefing?--that was given one day, directly linking Iranian leadership to killing American GIs, which was splashed all over the 'Liberal' media, only to have the Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff say that that was not true?

2) I have to guess at what your point is here. You are saying Iran is behind this? Or is supplying the arms or something? Can't disagree that might be happening, but they have been fighting there for a very long time and the hate runs deep.

You mean there maybe a connection between Syria, Iran, Iraq and what is happening in Lebanon?

With all the politcal assassinations and bombings, and rockects that were launched?

GASP! Who would have thunk?

You mean there maybe a connection between Syria, Iran, Iraq and what is happening in Lebanon?

With all the politcal assassinations and bombings, and rockects that were launched?

GASP! Who would have thunk?

Ah! But the point is, what connection? The point of my originally post was that there was a basic claim, and a very, very serious one that the Iranian leaders were basically killing American GIs. Right? The Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said that that was not clear and probably untrue, yet the media ran with the story before that. I think what you are saying--forgive if I am wrong--is "who cares? They are bad guys in Iran!" I say, let's have all the truth before we accuse people and then go to war. Isn't that where this is leading with this? Bombing Iran?

I say, let's have all the truth before we accuse people and then go to war. Isn't that where this is leading with this? Bombing Iran?

As Aretha Franklin would sing "Who's bombing who?"

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- A car bomb ripped through an Iranian military bus in the southeastern Iranian border town of Zahedan Wednesday morning, leaving at least 11 dead and 31 wounded, state-run Iranian news agency IRNA reported.

A witness told IRNA the car blew up as soon as the bus, which belonged to the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, arrived to pick up military personnel at a barracks.

Two motorcycle riders reportedly fired shots at the bus, forcing it to stop near the car bomb when it was then detonated by remote control, a witness said.

Iran's semi-official FARS news agency reported four people in a car cut off the bus around 6:30 am (10 p.m. ET), then sped away on two motorcycles -- later detonating the explosives by remote control.

A small terrorist group, Jondollah, claimed responsibility for the attack, FARS reported. The group has a history of launching attacks at Iranian border posts.

In addition to the claim of responsibility, government spokesman Sultan Ali told IRNA five people have been arrested. It was not immediately know if they were members of the Jondollah group.

According to FARS, an Iranian security official identified one of the arrested men as a would-be suicide bomber who tried to detonate his explosives but failed, while another was carrying a camera to make a video of the attack.

Ah! But the point is, what connection? The point of my originally post was that there was a basic claim, and a very, very serious one that the Iranian leaders were basically killing American GIs. Right? The Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said that that was not clear and probably untrue, yet the media ran with the story before that. I think what you are saying--forgive if I am wrong--is "who cares? They are bad guys in Iran!" I say, let's have all the truth before we accuse people and then go to war. Isn't that where this is leading with this? Bombing Iran?

We're witnessing the implosion of the Bush regime. Some in the regime are hopping up and down and manically gesticulating at Iran in the hopes that we, the people, will forget that they had no credible evidence (I'll stop short of saying it was purposely contrived) when they stumbled into Iraq, and are banking that a war with Iran will get them off the hook for that debacle. Others understand the gravity and foolishness of manufacturing a war with Iran, and deny the hard evidence exists. Anyone who has been tracking this story for the past week (including the bogus story on Iran's involvement with the kidnapping and murder of the US servicemen) can at once chuckle at the stupidity of the Bush administration, but must also pray that the suddenly emergent cooler heads continue to prevail and shout down the maniacs that have been incessantly beating the war drums for six-plus years now.

We're witnessing the implosion of the Bush regime. Some in the regime are hopping up and down and manically gesticulating at Iran in the hopes that we, the people, will forget that they had no credible evidence (I'll stop short of saying it was purposely contrived) when they stumbled into Iraq, and are banking that a war with Iran will get them off the hook for that debacle. Others understand the gravity and foolishness of manufacturing a war with Iran, and deny the hard evidence exists. Anyone who has been tracking this story for the past week (including the bogus story on Iran's involvement with the kidnapping and murder of the US servicemen) can at once chuckle at the stupidity of the Bush administration, but must also pray that the suddenly emergent cooler heads continue to prevail and shout down the maniacs that have been incessantly beating the war drums for six-plus years now.

He just feels that Iran is behind all this:

WASHINGTON -

President Bush said Wednesday he's certain the Iranian government is supplying deadly weapons used by fighters in

Iraq against U.S. troops, even if he can't prove that the orders came from top Iranian leaders.

More important, Bush said in his first news conference of the year, is the need to protect American forces against the new weapons and technology, including sophisticated new roadside bombs.

"I'm going to do something about it," Bush pledged, displaying apparent irritation at being repeatedly asked about mixed administration signals on who was behind the weaponry.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070214/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

Insanity personified.

He just feels that Iran is behind all this:

WASHINGTON -

President Bush said Wednesday he's certain the Iranian government is supplying deadly weapons used by fighters in

Iraq against U.S. troops, even if he can't prove that the orders came from top Iranian leaders.

More important, Bush said in his first news conference of the year, is the need to protect American forces against the new weapons and technology, including sophisticated new roadside bombs.

"I'm going to do something about it," Bush pledged, displaying apparent irritation at being repeatedly asked about mixed administration signals on who was behind the weaponry.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070214/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush

Insanity personified.

Iran-uendo and petulance rules the day at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.