O-line alumni

nuklz2594

First off I would like to send warm thoughts to everyone getting nailed by the "lake effect" snow. I grew up in Pittsford, but live in Maine. I had my bar mitzvah during the Blizzard of 1977-The White Death- it was called. We are bracing for a big nor'easter. Have any of the Bills past o-linemen been in Buffalo to critique or talk with the o-line we have today? With Marv in charge of personnel, I think having past players from our glorious Super Bowl runs available would be a good thing. The following would be huge for us to help educate the present linemen what is expected of them:

1.Kent Hull

2.Jim Richter

Just out of curiosity is it possible to convert Peters to a center? The guy has enough athletic ability to play anywhere on the line.

Your thoughts?

First off I would like to send warm thoughts to everyone getting nailed by the "lake effect" snow. I grew up in Pittsford, but live in Maine. I had my bar mitzvah during the Blizzard of 1977-The White Death- it was called. We are bracing for a big nor'easter. Have any of the Bills past o-linemen been in Buffalo to critique or talk with the o-line we have today? With Marv in charge of personnel, I think having past players from our glorious Super Bowl runs available would be a good thing. The following would be huge for us to help educate the present linemen what is expected of them:

1.Kent Hull

2.Jim Richter

Just out of curiosity is it possible to convert Peters to a center? The guy has enough athletic ability to play anywhere on the line.

Your thoughts?

The Blizzard was when I decided to go into meteorology - I was a freshman in high school then - so that makes you 2 years younger??

Your idea about bringing in the old o-linemen is interesting but it is hard to say if the oldtimers can get through to such young men. How different is it in the "trenches" today?

As to Peters, I would have to say "no way" - Peters is a very good to great left tackle. THAT is the most important position on the line. Don't event think about breaking that my friend.

The release of pettigout (NYG) has me intrigued today. He has been a LT for a number of years but also played RT for 2 years and guard for 2 other years. Lasy year, befoe his injury, he was playing GREAT (not simply good). McNally worked with the kid when he came to the Giants. It will be very interestign to see if he is brought in for a look see.

-rgg

1.Kent Hull

2.Jim Richter

Your thoughts?

There is a long history on this board of posters suggesting former star players take on roles as coaches with the team.

Former suggestions have included:

Reich- qb coach

Tasker- special teams coach

Talley- LB coach

Thurman-rb coach

Kelly-offensive coordinator

Kelly- head coach

I'm not sure the name for such posts - but they do fall into a certain category.