Playing NFC East Next Season

truth on hold

Redskins: 5 & 11 under genius-joe gibbs and over the salary cap thanks to dan "i should work for steinbrenner" snyder;

Cowboys: trading Parcells for Bum's kid doesn't sound too good;

Giants: adjusting to life without Tiki when the team knows full well Coughlin is in all likelihood gone at the end of the season (if not sooner);

Eagles: sadly, coach distracted by sons legal problems.

All-in-all, I like the Bills chances against this division next season.

Redskins: 5 & 11 under genius-joe gibbs and over the salary cap thanks to dan "i should work for steinbrenner" snyder;

Giants: adjusting to life without Tiki when the team knows full well Coughlin is in all likelihood gone at the end of the season (if not sooner);

Cowboys: Playoffs

Giants: Playoffs

Eagles: Playoffs

Dolphins: New coach and unsettled QB play

Jets: Incredible ride to the playoffs, but struggled against top teams. Nobody is scared of them.

Patriots: Another year older, and always one Tom Brady injury away from disaster. They will be tough again.

Bills: Orchard Park is not a great roadtrip, but if you can catch them in your stadium, you've got to like your chances.

I'm not sure the NFC East is shaking...

Cowboys: Playoffs

Giants: Playoffs

Eagles: Playoffs

Dolphins: New coach and unsettled QB play

Jets: Incredible ride to the playoffs, but struggled against top teams. Nobody is scared of them.

Patriots: Another year older, and always one Tom Brady injury away from disaster. They will be tough again.

Bills: Orchard Park is not a great roadtrip, but if you can catch them in your stadium, you've got to like your chances.

I'm not sure the NFC East is shaking...

cowboys = stumbled in then 1 n' done

giants = 8 & 8, then 1 n' done

eagles = 1 n' 1, and the win was against team in their division, somebody from nfc east had to win it

redkins = 5 & 11 and heck if campbell can improve over brunell (not saying much), this could be the best team in the division

all 3 playoff teams have major obstacles to overcome next season. don't care about other teams in afc east, just looking forward to bills playing nfc east.

Dont take if for granted! Teams change soo much year to year! Look at the Saints. They were one game from the Super Bowl! I dont look at what teams are going through now! You can look at the Saints again, they had a new coach and went a long ways, they have had their fair share of problems too.........

Dont assume! That can disapoint you in a hurry!

We're mistaken to assume our 7-9 Bills will handle the NFC East in cakewalk fashion next year.

Dallas will be stronger as Romo continues his excellent progress and the sad defence will improve over Parcells crew. This could be a Superbowl team next year.

Eagles, notwithstanding Reid's sons drug/legal problems will be contenders again and playoff bound

The Giants depend on Eli playing vastly better now that Tiki is definitely not coming back. This team could disappoint but don't count them out as a playoff team.

The Skins have a young QB, decent defence and are one of those unknown unknowns ... they could surge next season or be another huge disappointment

Strength of schedule is a tricky thing. Lots of things happen after a season, before the next season, and during the next season. I'm always hesitant to predict anything from the schedule. We have three teams we always worry about (twice) and the rest are what they are...wait a minute...I think I'm coming up with a new phrase...."It is what it is!"

It doesn't get much easier than the NFC North, who we went 2-2 against this year. I think everyone had the Lions chalked up as a win, and the Bears chalked up as a loss, with the other two being 50/50.

I'd much prefer another crack at GB, Minnesota, Detroit, and Grossman, rather than the NFC East.

It doesn't get much easier than the NFC North, who we went 2-2 against this year. I think everyone had the Lions chalked up as a win, and the Bears chalked up as a loss, with the other two being 50/50.

I'd much prefer another crack at GB, Minnesota, Detroit, and Grossman, rather than the NFC East.

That Detroit game still irks me for our ineptness. Roy Williams has his biggest game of the season, much like Chris Chambers in the Fins dreadful comeback win against us in '05. We had no answer for him. A winless team gets its first win against the Bills. Coming off the blowout in Chicago, the Bills should have stepped up against the league's worst team. For me it was the defining game of our season prior to our turnaround in the 2nd half of the season. I wish we could have that game back.

I was glad though that Detroit pummelled Dallas at Cowboys Stadium in the final game of the season.

We're mistaken to assume our 7-9 Bills will handle the NFC East in cakewalk fashion next year.

Dallas will be stronger as Romo continues his excellent progress and the sad defence will improve over Parcells crew. This could be a Superbowl team next year.

Eagles, notwithstanding Reid's sons drug/legal problems will be contenders again and playoff bound

The Giants depend on Eli playing vastly better now that Tiki is definitely not coming back. This team could disappoint but don't count them out as a playoff team.

The Skins have a young QB, decent defence and are one of those unknown unknowns ... they could surge next season or be another huge disappointment

Noone is saying cakewalk, but 3-1 is not out of the question vs. the NFC East.

Dallas, I'm not impressed. I hope we get them later in the season, after TO has forced the team to take sides and generally made a mess of the season. Also, I'm not sold on Romo. Their OL is a year older. Yes their D will be better, but I think the O will suffer.

Washington...no clue what they will do. But noone on that team is a matchup nightmare for us. Who..Santana Moss? We've dealt with him before. Gibbs is a good coach, but they lost some high character players and don't scare me.

NYG...two words...Kevin Gilbride. I think the Giants crash and burn next year, setting Coughlin up for a fall and laying the red carpet for Cowher's return to pro football. In future years the Giants will be tough to deal with, but next year...5-11.

Eagles..tough team. This could be the L. They are tough and experienced. Good lines, good D. Great coach. This will be a tough game and a true test of how good we are.

Strength of schedule is a tricky thing. Lots of things happen after a season, before the next season, and during the next season.

Quite so. At the start of last year, the Bill's strength of schedule was middle of the pack or lower. They ended up playing a lot of teams with a lot of victories, thanks in good measure to the surprising NYJ and TEN final season records, and the big win-loss numbers from CHI and SD.

Advantageous last year, was that the '06 schedule dispersed the "on paper" tough opponents...

NE - then MIA, NYJ, MIN - CHI then DET, NE - then bye, GB, IND - then HOU, JAX and SD, then NYJ, MIA, TEN, finishing up at BAL.

Only one instance of playing big teams back-to-back. Luxurious.

Also nice was that 4 of the last six games were at home - all that crabbing about attendance notwithstanding.

One area of stark improvement last year, at least to me, was how competitive we played in road games. No, I know, we didn't win a lot of them, but the number of blowouts was down dramatically. We beat Miami, the Jets and the Texans in their own stadiums, but also played good games in Indy, Baltimore and N.E.

Yes...there were some bad games like Chicago, but in terms of progression, I felt this year's team was much better prepared to play on the road than many teams past. I'm hoping that carries into next year. In fact, it has to or we'll never make the playoffs.