San Diego - Wheels Coming Off in 2007?

Nanker

Interesting article on the SD situation. They've lost both Wade and Cam Cameron and promoted their RB coach to OC. They're still looking for a 3-4 DC to pick up where Wade left off. Their two best assistants were hired away too - their TE coach is now the Browns' OC and their LB coach is the 49ers' DC.

They still have a ton of talent, but I can see where things could get ugly in SD this year. Shottenheimer is a lame duck coming off a 14-2 record that at this rate is going to be pretty hard to match. I think Denver will win the AFCW this year and Schott will be history.

Interesting article on the SD situation. They've lost both Wade and Cam Cameron and promoted their RB coach to OC. They're still looking for a 3-4 DC to pick up where Wade left off. Their two best assistants were hired away too - their TE coach is now the Browns' OC and their LB coach is the 49ers' DC.

They still have a ton of talent, but I can see where things could get ugly in SD this year. Shottenheimer is a lame duck coming off a 14-2 record that at this rate is going to be pretty hard to match. I think Denver will win the AFCW this year and Schott will be history.

They will still have a very powerful offense, so I wouldn't write them off just yet. How the defense performs under a new DC is another matter. I guess that's one downfall to running a 3-4, not as many people qualified to run it.

Side note--anyone in SF have info on their DC search? Was Singletary considered? Still too green?

Hmmm...very relevant article considering what just happened.