Picking 12th is borderline, we should advertise for a trade down.

Tipster19

Picking 12th is right around the area where we might not be getting who we want or need. Trading down alittle or alot, based on the compensation, with a team who is looking at a player or a position to fill in around that slot. Obviously if there is a player that Marv & Co. really wants then we keep the pick. Last year it looked like they were really bent on getting Whitner so they could start making the kind of defense that they want to work. If there is not that type of player available for us, I think we would be better served to trade down and accumalate more 1st day picks. Someone like Baltimore, who looks to be needing a successor to Jamal Lewis, could be a team interested in the neighborhood of our pick. Their pick is #29 and I wouldn't mind using that pick on someone like Penn St.s' LB Paul Posluszny. The compensation could come in the form of a current player(s) and/or pick(s). I'm only using Baltimore as an example, feel free to add your own trade scenario.

It all depends on who is available at #12...You never know how it's going to go down. I'm pretty sure nobody had Matt Leinart dropping to the 10th pick and Arizona last year. That being said, if someone like Alan Branch is available at 12 i'm hoping the Bills' would jump at the opportunity of getting such a player. I know he's predicted to be a top 5 pick but so was ML last year. If nobody is available that will help the team right away then trading down wouldn't be a bad choice if the price is right. Alot of the unknowns will be answered when free agency gets here. I think that will tell us alot.

Great input from both of you, I'd have to agree. It still wouldn't to let it be known that we would be willing to consider a trade down from our current slot. We should at least try and open more options to benefit us. This is probably still too early, but as we near the draft I'll be curious to see if this comes into play.