OG Adam Timmerman

K-Gun10

I think Timmerman would have been the answer several seasons ago. He is a tough guy and great community guy.

He's played 12 seasons and though he has been quite durable- he's at the age when guards tend to start falling apart fast.

I'd prefer someone that we can put next to Peters for years.

The conceptual Timmermann would interest me.

That means.....just like Timmermann was when the Rams got him.....getting one of the top FA OGs entering their 5th year in the league. Steinbach & Deilman fit perfectly in the 'Timmermann' role for us. :)

he's a little better than Vill, he is a little more athletic which would help him, he would be a cheap bandaid, however all championship teams have cheap bandaids, players too old and unwanted. well except the colts. if he came here under a 1 or 2 year contract, I would entertain it.

he's a little better than Vill, he is a little more athletic which would help him, he would be a cheap bandaid, however all championship teams have cheap bandaids, players too old and unwanted. well except the colts. if he came here under a 1 or 2 year contract, I would entertain it.

Not me. The key to building a solid offensive line is continuity. You need to have the same group of guys work together for years. That sort of continuity was instrumental in building the Bills' OL during the Super Bowl era.

You don't build continuity on the OL by bringing in a guy with one foot in retirement. The Bills should either a) draft offensive linemen, or b) sign young, high quality offensive linemen. No more rejects like Bennie Anderson or Tuten Reyes, and no faltering old guys like Chris Villarrial. :)

the days of building are over, well, kind of, you have to get lucky, (jason Peters and maybe Pennington) not pick players that don't amount to anything (Mike Williams) and then add some key guys via free agency, some cheap (Mike gandy and Fowler) some expensive (villarrial) and hopefully you become good. Sadly after a single good year, Villiarrial has become a waste, but I wouldn't cut him until training camp, just in case. and Gandy has one great moment where he'll open a great hole that Mcgahee will miss, but follow it up, by giving up a drive killing sack.

I thought Willie Roaf's career was done before going to KC, where he continued his hall of fame play until he retired last year. Again, I wouldn't close any option to make this team better, even bringing back Ruben.

So I guess so far people want Villarial and Gandy out of Buffalo. I agree.

I'm all for letting Gandy go and signing a starting LG in free agency (see Kris Dielman) and then draft an OG like Josh Beekman with our 2nd Rounder and try to keep Villarial around for depth purposes. Although think adding another versaitilles O-line for depth purposes might be wise if let Villarial go. Guys on that short list are Floyd Womack and David Diehl.

EDIT: Cross Diehl of the list according to NFLPlayers.org he's under contract through 2011.