McGahee to the Lions

bisonbrigade

Kevin Jones will miss at least half of 2007 with an injury. It would be great if the Bills could trade Willis McGahee to the Lions for there 2nd round pick(34th) this year. I would even take there 3rd round pick (66th). What do you think.

Well I don't know. I mean that would be a nice trade by aren't the Lions already going after Fletcher.

Kevin Jones will miss at least half of 2007 with an injury. It would be great if the Bills could trade Willis McGahee to the Lions for there 2nd round pick(34th) this year. I would even take there 3rd round pick (66th). What do you think.

Sorry- but McGahee is far from a "Martz offense" style back.

Im not so sure Detroit would do that. Jones may be out half the year, but he is a good back.(I'd trade McGahee for Jones though). But with Millen, anything could happen.

Im not so sure Detroit would do that. Jones may be out half the year, but he is a good back.(I'd trade McGahee for Jones though). But with Millen, anything could happen.

You really think Kevin Jones is better than McGahee? I must have missed something. Both guys have been disappointing, and neither have proven, beyond a doubt, that they are an every down, workhorse running back. Given the choice, I would just assume stick with McGahee, unless the pitchfork brigade makes it impossible for the Bills to keep him.

Coming out of college, Willis was supposed to have had Marshall Faulk like potential. Obviously, Willis doesn't play with the sort of pride that Faulk had, but I am still not positive he can't be a pretty good running back. Having weak offensive play calling, poor QB play, and a very suspect O-line during his entire tenure in Buffalo hasn't helped any aspect of the Bills offense at all. Things finally appear to be jelling a little on the offensive side of the ball, why not see what the Bills (including McGahee) can do with a little momentum behind them.

You really think Kevin Jones is better than McGahee? I must have missed something. Both guys have been disappointing, and neither have proven, beyond a doubt, that they are an every down, workhorse running back. Given the choice, I would just assume stick with McGahee, unless the pitchfork brigade makes it impossible for the Bills to keep him.

Coming out of college, Willis was supposed to have had Marshall Faulk like potential. Obviously, Willis doesn't play with the sort of pride that Faulk had, but I am still not positive he can't be a pretty good running back. Having weak offensive play calling, poor QB play, and a very suspect O-line during his entire tenure in Buffalo hasn't helped any aspect of the Bills offense at all. Things finally appear to be jelling a little on the offensive side of the ball, why not see what the Bills (including McGahee) can do with a little momentum behind them.

Before his knee injury Willis had 4.40-4.45 type speed - Now it's probably more like 4.6 - I don't know about being like Marshal -Faulk I think more like Eric Dikerson- but again that was before the knee injury those tenths of a second count - a loss step is killer for a RB, it may be the position that is most purely physical in football.

McGahee to the Lions

It would be great if the Bills could feed Willis McGahee to the Lions this year. I would even take a round pick to his head. What do you think.

I'm not sure I agree, but certainly some of the fans who post here have fed Willis to the Lions - or at least want to.

I like Willis. I think that he is the best back that we are going to have for a while. He hasnt lived upto his potential but there are other reasons for that...TD and MM wanted him playing at around 20 pounds more than he did in college and running more inside and making holes...that coaching messed with him a bit because now he dances before hitting a hole...at the U he would hit the hole or bounce it outside if it wasnt there he'll get back to that form I am sure of it. He lost some weight before last season and I am going to bet that he loses some more for this upcoming season. In addition to the foolishness of TD and MM he hasn't had the same dominating line that he played behind at the U. Its hard to run for 1500 yards in the NFL behind a suspect line. The qb situation didnt help him either. Now that JP has cemented himself as the Buffalo Bills quarterback for years to come I think that Willis will benefit from a guy who he is used to playing with and practicing with day in and day out. JP, Evans and Willis can definatly be the "triplets" that propelled some teams to SuperBowl wins and losses in the early 90's. (Aikman, Smith, Irvin...even tho its kills me to even think about those guys...and Kelly, Reed, and Thomas...) Go Bills!

Why would we trade our best RB ? And who replaces him ? This insanity has to stop. Willis is a good RB. We need a power runner to change up with. The kind who gets 3rd and short yardage. Sheesh !

I like Willis. I think that he is the best back that we are going to have for a while. He hasnt lived upto his potential but there are other reasons for that...TD and MM wanted him playing at around 20 pounds more than he did in college and running more inside and making holes...that coaching messed with him a bit because now he dances before hitting a hole...at the U he would hit the hole or bounce it outside if it wasnt there he'll get back to that form I am sure of it. He lost some weight before last season and I am going to bet that he loses some more for this upcoming season. In addition to the foolishness of TD and MM he hasn't had the same dominating line that he played behind at the U. Its hard to run for 1500 yards in the NFL behind a suspect line. The qb situation didnt help him either. Now that JP has cemented himself as the Buffalo Bills quarterback for years to come I think that Willis will benefit from a guy who he is used to playing with and practicing with day in and day out. JP, Evans and Willis can definatly be the "triplets" that propelled some teams to SuperBowl wins and losses in the early 90's. (Aikman, Smith, Irvin...even tho its kills me to even think about those guys...and Kelly, Reed, and Thomas...) Go Bills!

I agree ! Just add our version of Jerome Bettis for the tough short yards and we are good.

Why would we trade our best RB ? And who replaces him ? This insanity has to stop. Willis is a good RB. We need a power runner to change up with. The kind who gets 3rd and short yardage. Sheesh !

Luckily Bills management doesn't make their decisions based on the most prolifically put forward views on the board.

If they did, we'd be looking at Holcombe at QB & drafting a new one this year.......looking to cut NC/then definitely re-signing him.....cutting TKO after 3 games.....etc/etc/etc.

As I found out recently.......2 in 3 RBs selected in the top 10 of the draft in the past 20 years have been total busts(in relation to the team that drafted them).

It is not as easy as people believe to find a decent starting RB.

IT ISN'T!!!!!!