Leon Hall in a Freefall

Astrobot

Leon Hall's stock is dropping by the day.

On NFLDraftScout.com, Hall is now listed as the #21 pick, 3rd among CB's.

Dave Wannstedt-coached Darrelle Revis from Pitt is coming up the board to the #9 place. Wannstedt is quoted as saying, "Given the feedback he has received, we support Darrelle in his decision to apply for the NFL draft. He is an exceptional football player and an even better young man. "Having coached in the NFL, I know what teams are looking for and Darrelle has both the necessary tangibles and intangibles. Somebody is going to get one heck of a cornerback in this spring's draft."

Daymeion Hughes is now #19, although he wasn't in the Senior Bowl due to a pulled hamstring. He was great in the Sr. Bowl practices though. One Scout said, "Hughes turned in one of the great single day performances Monday I've seen over my seven years of covering the Senior Bowl.....He was never challenged deep -- which is a significant caveat, as he is estimated to run in the mid 4.5s -- but he rarely allowed short and medium receptions, consistently showing the instincts, body control, and instantaneous break on the ball that caused his own coaching staff (Tampa Bay) to routinely praise him and for scouts throughout the stands to divert their attention towards him. Hughes was at his best matched one on one with receivers, but also showed sticky hands and good leaping ability in drills earlier in practice."

Leon Hall's stock is dropping by the day.

On NFLDraftScout.com, Hall is now listed as the #21 pick, 3rd among CB's.

Dave Wannstedt-coached Darrelle Revis from Pitt is coming up the board to the #9 place. Wannstedt is quoted as saying, "Given the feedback he has received, we support Darrelle in his decision to apply for the NFL draft. He is an exceptional football player and an even better young man. "Having coached in the NFL, I know what teams are looking for and Darrelle has both the necessary tangibles and intangibles. Somebody is going to get one heck of a cornerback in this spring's draft."

Daymeion Hughes is now #19, although he wasn't in the Senior Bowl due to a pulled hamstring. He was great in the Sr. Bowl practices though. One Scout said, "Hughes turned in one of the great single day performances Monday I've seen over my seven years of covering the Senior Bowl.....He was never challenged deep -- which is a significant caveat, as he is estimated to run in the mid 4.5s -- but he rarely allowed short and medium receptions, consistently showing the instincts, body control, and instantaneous break on the ball that caused his own coaching staff (Tampa Bay) to routinely praise him and for scouts throughout the stands to divert their attention towards him. Hughes was at his best matched one on one with receivers, but also showed sticky hands and good leaping ability in drills earlier in practice."

I thought Revis would surpass Hall post combine but to put Hughes ahead of him is a little sketchy.

Unless the team has already given up on Youboty, I don't see how drafting a 1st day CB makes sense. You can't play Youboty and another rookie CB together very much or they will get burned. If Clements is gone, then it would make sense to sign a mid-level free agent CB who can man the position until Youboty is ready to start.