Willis for Bell

ronnieroscoe

marv if you are listening--please trade willis a day two pick (and his agent) to Denver for Tatum Bell and the third rounder they got for Ashlie Lelie--then go get Dominic Rhodes or Travis Henry, etc. and resign the A-train. Bell works as real change of pace back (no disrespect to shaud) and locker room becomes much better. Next question.

marv if you are listening--please trade willis (and his agent) to Denver for Tatum Bell and the third rounder they got for Ashlie Lelie--then go get Dominic Rhodes or Travis Henry, etc. and resign the A-train. Bell works as real change of pace back (no disrespect to shaud) and locker room becomes much better. Next question.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

marv if you are listening--please trade willis (and his agent) to Denver for Tatum Bell and the third rounder they got for Ashlie Lelie--then go get Dominic Rhodes or Travis Henry, etc. and resign the A-train. Bell works as real change of pace back (no disrespect to shaud) and locker room becomes much better. Next question.

Not going to happen. For many, many reasons. I'll post one reason but am too disinterested and tired to post more. Other posters can add too it.

Reason 1

If the Broncos use that pick on a running back, whoever it is, even if they are the worst rated back coming out -will rush for more than McGahee anyways-

(in the Broncos offense)

so why do the trade IF YOU ARE THE Broncos?

Not going to happen. For many, many reasons. I'll post one reason but am too disinterested and tired to post more. Other posters can add too it.

Reason 1

If the Broncos use that pick on a running back, whoever it is, even if they are the worst rated back coming out -will rush for more than McGahee anyways-

so why do the trade?

Reason 2

Willis is worth a second round pick. A third round pick is too high even if you get a player too. Besides I don't think Denver would trade their best RB.

Reason 1

so why do the trade?

I don't think the Broncos would be interested in this trade. But I would not be surprised if Marv does find a way to deal McGahee for something of decent value. That said, I think it is most likely McGahee stays around for the season.

I'd like to see the Bills consider the Steelers strategy in '05 of using Jerome Bettis as the anchor of their power running game and Willie Parker as the anchor of their speed running game.

Willis McGahee is a power running back. He needs a speed guy with Maroney or Parker-like skills. Would Willis buy into it though?

I'd like to see the Bills consider the Steelers strategy in '05 of using Jerome Bettis as the anchor of their power running game and Willie Parker as the anchor of their speed running game.

Willis McGahee is a power running back. He needs a speed guy with Maroney or Parker-like skills. Would Willis buy into it though?

A power running back can convert a 3rd and 1.

I know Jerome Bettis, and Willis McGahee is no Jerome Bettis.

I don't think the Broncos would be interested in this trade. But I would not be surprised if Marv does find a way to deal McGahee for something of decent value. That said, I think it is most likely McGahee stays around for the season.

I think McGahee is here in 07, no doubt about it. He's average at best but that's an entirely different 9000 threads which have already been posted.

Marv's strengths thus far seem to be his drafting ability.

Getting a 5th round pick for Moulds was a Cardinal sin at the time. (very very luckily paid off with the K. Williams pick though)

Picking up Hargrove for a 5th was a bit expensive also, Hargrove was on the outs with his coaches and his release seemed imminent, we just got him 2 weeks before his relase and lost a 5th round pick because of it.

WILLIS IS GOING NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!! lets focus on resigning our defensive studs right now

Was there any implication that i was saying dump him?

I didn't think so, that is for another thread. I was just disagreeing with TBD's idea because it is a trend that i have fallen into in the past week or so.

Willis has a breakout year in 2007, Marv slaps a franchise tag, then deals him.