Tasker on McGahee

FYI

LINKY

CBS analyst Steve Tasker told PFW that the Bills still believe in RB Willis McGahee but that his limitations keep him from being considered an elite back. “I think there are some things Willis doesn’t do as well as other top backs. He’s a power runner. He runs downhill and he doesn’t hop, jump and skip, but that also means he doesn’t hop, jump and skip in pass routes, and they have to tailor pass routes for him. So that’s a limitation, although he catches the ball well and runs well after catching it. But he’s more of a screen-pass guy and a swing-type guy. He’s not going to split out, catch it in the slot and make a guy miss.”

FYI

LINKY

CBS analyst Steve Tasker told PFW that the Bills still believe in RB Willis McGahee but that his limitations keep him from being considered an elite back. “I think there are some things Willis doesn’t do as well as other top backs. He’s a power runner. He runs downhill and he doesn’t hop, jump and skip, but that also means he doesn’t hop, jump and skip in pass routes, and they have to tailor pass routes for him. So that’s a limitation, although he catches the ball well and runs well after catching it. But he’s more of a screen-pass guy and a swing-type guy. He’s not going to split out, catch it in the slot and make a guy miss.”

I think he will hop, skip, jump right out of town. What kind of friggin' analogy is that anyway Tasker? Just stick to special teams, you are the Man in that dept.

I think he will hop, skip, jump right out of town. What kind of friggin' analogy is that anyway Tasker? Just stick to special teams, you are the Man in that dept.

Toward the end of his career, Steve Tasker became a surprisingly good contributor at WR. It was too little and too late to keep people from thinking of Tasker as an exclusively special-teams guy. But he was there long enough to learn a thing or two about running pass routes and getting open.

Toward the end of his career, Steve Tasker became a surprisingly good contributor at WR. It was too little and too late to keep people from thinking of Tasker as an exclusively special-teams guy. But he was there long enough to learn a thing or two about running pass routes and getting open.

You are exactly right. I remember Jim Kelly saying no one can cover Steve Tasker.

Yeah and the league is full of all-purpose backs. Sure if one fell into our laps I'm all over it but come on, it would be a stretch to say there are even 5 great all-purpose backs in the entire league.

That is a good point, and in fact (IMO) each of the top five running backs ARE all purpose backs. To me, finding an AP back requires good recruiting and I have faith in Marv/Fairchild/DJ to find the right rookie if that becomes the case. How poetic that the second coming of Thurman Thomas may come in the afterglow of TT's HOF.

it wreaks like optimism in here :sick:

That is a good point, and in fact (IMO) each of the top five running backs ARE all purpose backs. To me, finding an AP back requires good recruiting and I have faith in Marv/Fairchild/DJ to find the right rookie if that becomes the case. How poetic that the second coming of Thurman Thomas may come in the afterglow of TT's HOF.

it wreaks like optimism in here :sick:

Marshawn Lynch