Oswego

\GoBillsInDallas/

Just tonight I was telling my kids about '77 - walking on drifts to walk around on the tops of two story houses, touching the tops of telephone poles - they didn't believe me.

Thing is - I'm not sure my parents ever took many/any pictures of it - I was thinking about it and don't remember ever seeing any at my parent's house.

Just tonight I was telling my kids about '77 - walking on drifts to walk around on the tops of two story houses, touching the tops of telephone poles - they didn't believe me.

Thing is - I'm not sure my parents ever took many/any pictures of it - I was thinking about it and don't remember ever seeing any at my parent's house.

They are so lucky. Wish this happened in TRoy. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET OUR FIRST SNOW DAY! :sick::devil::wallbash::wallbash:

I remember the pics from the Rochester D&C of the aftermath of that storm week in 77.

They had shots from a helicopter.

The phone poles looked like a fence and the tree tops like bushes.

There were some houses where you could only see the chimney with smoke curling out of it that looked like a brick barbecue.

Awesome amount of snow - then and now.

Saw a news item about 250" in 72 being the record for Oswego. Brought back memoriies of getting around the Oswego campus in 72 (affectionately known as SUCO back then). The banks were cut like a corn maze and you needed signs at the intersections to know where you were.

Of course the path to the Bridge St bars was always the first one done. :sick: