People like this do not deserve prison sentences

ACor58

I can't help but ask: "Why is a guy who attacked a woman and a teenage girl classified with the highest risk level but only given ONE YEAR in COUNTY?"

Nice system. Perhaps one of you local lawyer types can explain this a little better. How much discretion does a judge have in these matters?

Wouldn't it be better if we took guys like this who were convicted of crimes like rape, murder, child abuse, and put them in a special military group of convicts to do work in, say, oh...Iraq.

Instead of prison, give them a few weeks of basic training at a nasty prison, and then bundle them with other convicts in various war locations. Their job is to...oh, I don't know...maybe they're in charge of going into booby-trapped buildings to look for bombs. Or we dress them in bikinis and make them run around the streets to draw insurgent fire so we can better spot the enemy locations.

Think about it. Wouldn't that make a nice crime deterrent?

I can't help but ask: "Why is a guy who attacked a woman and a teenage girl classified with the highest risk level but only given ONE YEAR in COUNTY?"

Nice system. Perhaps one of you local lawyer types can explain this a little better. How much discretion does a judge have in these matters?

yeah i understand what you are saying. I have an S.O. in my family, who was telling me about some of really sick bastards that got shorter sentences than him.

Wouldn't it be better if we took guys like this who were convicted of crimes like rape, murder, child abuse, and put them in a special military group of convicts to do work in, say, oh...Iraq.

Instead of prison, give them a few weeks of basic training at a nasty prison, and then bundle them with other convicts in various war locations. Their job is to...oh, I don't know...maybe they're in charge of going into booby-trapped buildings to look for bombs. Or we dress them in bikinis and make them run around the streets to draw insurgent fire so we can better spot the enemy locations.

Um...duh...yeah...crime...Iraq....insurgent...flam....flim....flum...

That big-titted broad in your avatar is !@#$ing me with her eyes!

it would be better suited for the murders IMO, but i agree w/ your sentiment to put prisoners to work so they are not draining our economy.

I wonder what the facts of the case were. I will say this: because of these recent spates of laws by elected officials jumping in front of the parade that angry parental units demand these days, I'll watch a kid - perhaps your kid - get run over by a car or be grabbed before I intervene and get charged with something like inappropriate touching of a child or worse, making an act of concern brand me as a sex pariah.

This non-stop assumption of guilty intent brings myself and a whole bunch of people to this conclusion. Hard as it is to think I would arrive at such.

I'll jot down a license plate number. That's it. An adult jerking away a kid might be one of the parental units...who will sue me if I stop the crap.

Good thing this guy will most likely be doing LESS time for repeated sexual ASSAULTS and attempted RAPE than that evil criminal, Genarlow Wilson.

AD:

I'm obviously no lawyer but, it seems like one of a few things could have happened at his original sentencing:

1. He was convicted of 2 counts of 1st-degree attempted sexual abuse (Class E Felony) which each carry a 1-4 year sentence and the judge gave him the minimum.

2. He was convicted of the same crime and being his first felony offense (I assume) the judge has discretion to lower his sentence to a 1 year max.

Either way, it looks like the first judge hooked him up. At least to my untrained eye.

Im all for a "Escape From New York" system only not New York. Lets use Detroit. Put all your worst aholes in the city and cut off the power and baracade them in. Under suppy them with food and other necesseties and let them kill each other over it. Also, you could sell the TV rights to it. Would be the best reality show ever. Profits from the show could be donated to the criminals victims and thier families.

Im all for a "Escape From New York" system only not New York. Lets use Detroit. Put all your worst aholes in the city and cut off the power and baracade them in. Under suppy them with food and other necesseties and let them kill each other over it. Also, you could sell the TV rights to it. Would be the best reality show ever. Profits from the show could be donated to the criminals victims and thier families.

i like your carlinesque way of thinking here... Hell we could have some company like Budweiser to advertise for this too :rolleyes:

I will say this: because of these recent spates of laws by elected officials jumping in front of the parade that angry parental units demand these days, I'll watch a kid - perhaps your kid - get run over by a car or be grabbed before I intervene and get charged with something like inappropriate touching of a child or worse, making an act of concern brand me as a sex pariah.

You mean like the guy in your state who is now a registered sex offender for scolding a girl who jumped in front of his car since he "unlawfully detained a child?"

Yup, I agree with you 100% unfortunately. :(

CW