our FA receiver

This man has the size 6-3/218 and the athletic ability to do it all. He should come fairly cheap given a history of hamstrings wthat kept him from earning a starting role on a team with outstanding (!!!) wider receivers. Besides..look at that man dance.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/story/2007/2/6/115754/4562

I've been trying to sell him to the Bills for the past few years. He no longer carries the 3rd round pick penalty. They activated him late in the season, but he couldn't go...but so far, there have been zero reports that he won't come back full strength.

Speed, size, moves...what's not to like? And it seems that is attitude problems are behind...

Count me wary about him becuase he's a UT wide receiver and they have been notoriously....underperforming.....in the last 10-15 years or so. Washington has had quote unquote "character" issues as well, so I doubt marv would be interested. At this point, he has been a complete bust in the NFL and is injury prone. That being said, if he can be had at a bargain basement price and compete for a spot, that certainly wouldn't hurt, and who knows what would happen?

Count me wary about him becuase he's a UT wide receiver and they have been notoriously....underperforming.....in the last 10-15 years or so. Washington has had quote unquote "character" issues as well, so I doubt marv would be interested. At this point, he has been a complete bust in the NFL and is injury prone. That being said, if he can be had at a bargain basement price and compete for a spot, that certainly wouldn't hurt, and who knows what would happen?

Hmmm...playing part-time behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmanzedeh, getting 49 first downs and 9 td's over 4 years...hardly a "complete" bust.

If he shows to be injury-free, I'd think he would get more than a bargain-basement offer. I can't say how much you've seen him play, but I'd add that he's a willing blocker.

You might recall that crackpot UT receiver - Carl Pickens. Hardly an "underperforming" player...

Washington:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396119

Pickens:

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/pl...lkid=PICKECAR01

Donte Stallworth and Peerless Price, Carl Perkins. Robert Meachem is high on draft lists. Jason Whitten at tight end is not a bad receiver. Try taking a look at the guy on his own merits. The bad side of him isn't where he came from but the series of injuries that kept him from reaching potential. If we can get him cheap, he could be a real addition to the receivers, far more than any receiver we are going to be able to draft at 12.

Hmmm...playing part-time behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmanzedeh, getting 49 first downs and 9 td's over 4 years...hardly a "complete" bust.

If he shows to be injury-free, I'd think he would get more than a bargain-basement offer. I can't say how much you've seen him play, but I'd add that he's a willing blocker.

You might recall that crackpot UT receiver - Carl Pickens. Hardly an "underperforming" player...

Washington:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396119

Pickens:

http://www.databasefootball.com/players/pl...lkid=PICKECAR01

Yes, Carl Pickens, but let's take a look at the other UT wide receivers. One stud doesn't make a whole university's recent track record, my friend:

Cedric Wilson, Steelers

Eric Parker, Chargers

Kelley Washington, Bengals

Mark Jones, Tampa Bay

Dante Stallworth, Eagles

Peerless Price, Bills

Stallworth has potential to be a top WR if he can stay healthy. So give him "possible"

The rest are nothing to write home about, unless someone is going to defend Peerless as a consistent top notch NFL WR. I'd like to hear that argument.

In terms of NFL production, UT WR's have simply not been that great recently. I'm not saying don't sign Washington if you can get him cheap; I'm just saying that I'm wary, considering where he came from.

And yes, I would say that so far, after 4 years, Washington is a bust, maybe not "complete", but about as bustable as you can say after 4 years, considering all the huge hype he had at UT and coming into the pros and never making a real mark. He couldn't even crack the 3rd WR spot, etc.

I live and grew up most of my life in Knoxville so I have seen Washington play and have a good general understanding of UT players etc. Of course, i hope we sign him and he makes he eat my words and my so called "general understanding" of UT players...

But who knows? Maybe he could turn into something. I just don't see lots of optimism.

Yes, Carl Pickens, but let's take a look at the other UT wide receivers. One stud doesn't make a whole university's recent track record, my friend:

Cedric Wilson, Steelers

Eric Parker, Chargers

Kelley Washington, Bengals

Mark Jones, Tampa Bay

Dante Stallworth, Eagles

Peerless Price, Bills

Stallworth has potential to be a top WR if he can stay healthy. So give him "possible"

The rest are nothing to write home about, unless someone is going to defend Peerless as a consistent top notch NFL WR. I'd like to hear that argument.

In terms of NFL production, UT WR's have simply not been that great recently. I'm not saying don't sign Washington if you can get him cheap; I'm just saying that I'm wary, considering where he came from.

And yes, I would say that so far, after 4 years, Washington is a bust, maybe not "complete", but about as bustable as you can say after 4 years, considering all the huge hype he had at UT and coming into the pros and never making a real mark. He couldn't even crack the 3rd WR spot, etc.

I live and grew up most of my life in Knoxville so I have seen Washington play and have a good general understanding of UT players etc.

But who knows? Maybe he could turn into something. I just don't see lots of optimism.

Well, he did crack that spot in his 2nd year. Then he had injury, and Chris Henry came along. Also Tab Perry. I'll join you in the odd laugh at the B'gals, but they've been pretty sharp when it comes to wideouts. OLs, too. They were a pretty poor club then, but those holes for Dillon didn't come out of thin air.

If he's in good shape, I see a bunch of optimism. Remember, he was whispered as a late 1st round pick when he graduated...immaturity and that neck injury being the reasons he fell. The neck turned out to be healed, and he's wised up. Too bad about the hammies. Let's wait and see if the buyers think he's healed. If he is, he will get good offers.

It's worthwhile to pay attention to B'gals WR and OL cast-offs. Same as Indy's. For obvious reasons, both teams try to surround their extremely high-priced qb's with the best they can afford. That includes the bench.

The young ex-Purdue wr that IND brought up from their PS later this season - Standeford - bears watching.

Edited by stuckincincy

I've been trying to sell him to the Bills for the past few years. He no longer carries the 3rd round pick penalty. They activated him late in the season, but he couldn't go...but so far, there have been zero reports that he won't come back full strength.

Speed, size, moves...what's not to like? And it seems that is attitude problems are behind...

I'm all for giving Washington a chance but he still has a lot to prove in the NFL but do like him a bit more then the guy you were trying to sell last off season (Kevin Walter).