Does DT Okoye have the most value for us in this year's draft?

Tipster19

If there is too much of a risk of losing out to Miami, San Franciso and whoever else, then trading with Houston could make sense for both parties. We get a great young prospect at DT and if Houston is needing a RB then maybe Adrian Peterson could fall to them. If Peterson is gone, then more realistically, Marshawn Lynch would be a decent value still for them at the #12 pick. The points on the value chart do match up but should we attempt another McCargo type move here for a potential bluechip player?

If there is too much of a risk of losing out to Miami, San Franciso and whoever else, then trading with Houston could make sense for both parties. We get a great young prospect at DT and if Houston is needing a RB then maybe Adrian Peterson could fall to them. If Peterson is gone, then more realistically, Marshawn Lynch would be a decent value still for them at the #12 pick. The points on the value chart do match up but should we attempt another McCargo type move here for a potential bluechip player?

I really haven't added much to all the bitching about us trading an extra pick to move up for McCargo and also not trading down with the Whitner pick to at least pick up one more pick.

That's two thirds we didn't utilize last year....two holes that could have been filled.

We have enough holes on our team that there is no need to fall in love with one player. Thus, I prefer to keep our picks.

Let me say that I do think that Okoye is a beast!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm the biggest Okoye fan on the board, but I wouldn't trade picks to get him. I agree with Astrobot that Blaylock is a great choice ifOkoye is gone and if Okoye is gone I think Branch might fall to us. Too many good linemen offensive and defensive going to be available in the second and third rounds to be giving picks up...even for Okoye.

Don't panic. We have not had good track record on draft day trades-- Drew and Rj- though JP looks solid. I do not think Marv believes one guy can make a difference to THIS team. Biscuit was one guy who did. I am not convinced Okoye is the elixir.

I'm the biggest Okoye fan on the board, but I wouldn't trade picks to get him. I agree with Astrobot that Blaylock is a great choice ifOkoye is gone and if Okoye is gone I think Branch might fall to us. Too many good linemen offensive and defensive going to be available in the second and third rounds to be giving picks up...even for Okoye.

We still must take an OL or DL w/ our first pick, regardless of what happens in free agency. We just gotta.

In the second, maybe we can take a kicker.

We still must take an OL or DL w/ our first pick, regardless of what happens in free agency. We just gotta.

In the second, maybe we can take a kicker.

I agree...my assumption is one of the big three (Okoye (my choice) Branch or Blaylock) in the first round and then offensive and defensive linemen get first consideration in rounds two and on. I see the Bills spending lots of money on food this next training camp, with all the new linemen showing up. MAYBE a CB on down toward the end, or a chance on the weak lindbacker crop when we get toward the end or in free agency. I liked that East Carolina University kid who made the interception in the Senior Bowl...wonder which round of the draft he will be available in?

Uhh, are you suggesting we trade up to #8 with Adrian Peterson available, then pass on Adrian Peterson? I don't care how bad our O-line and D-line are, this guy's an absolute monster.

Buffalo traded up for McCargo because he was the last of the so-called "top tier" at DL.

Okoye may or may not be "the best" at DL this year, but he will not be the last of the "top tier" available.

There will be "top tier" DL's available when Buffalo picks, so there will be no need to trade up.

Buffalo traded up for McCargo because he was the last of the so-called "top tier" at DL.

Okoye may or may not be "the best" at DL this year, but he will not be the last of the "top tier" available.

There will be "top tier" DL's available when Buffalo picks, so there will be no need to trade up.

Branch and Okoye are top tier...Blaylock is top tier...Those are our area of need. We can argue over which of the three to take, but we'd be nuts to consider anyone else at 12.

PFW isn't that thrilled with Okoye. In the Senior Bowl analysis they called grouped him with the

enigmas & said there are scouts who grade him as a second rounder.

I think he's pretty well into the first round and I suspect after the combine he will be a top ten pick. I'm hoping he lasts to get with us. We'll see what happens at and after the combine.