who still plants gardens ?

mead107

Do you start your own plants ?

What are you planting ?

I Stoped planting 10 years ago as the trees just grew and shaded the area .

Been thinking of putting a few tomato plants in this year . Only place to put them is in the back of the house . Sun only will hit them full for about 3.5 hours . Is that enough ?

The Women start many of the Vegetables and flowers in a small green house. We plant lettuce, green beans, yellow beans, peas

carrots, beets, cabbage, green onions, white onions, various tomatoes, potatoes, squash, horseradish, spearmint, peppermint, strawberries, raspberries, long line of rhubarb,choke cherries, about twenty apple trees and a few pear trees,elderberry patch, currents, plus many flowers for cut flowers in the house. Corn also. We freeze much , much also is used for making various preserves, like beet relish, fruit relish, pickles, mustard beans, jams. What extra we have we share with members who live elsewhere who are not able to grow the various things. Often we exchange vegetables for blueberries folks up north are able to get.

The garden is around 1/4 acre .

Tomatoes, peppers, cukes, peas, carrots, radishes, pumpkins, cantaloupe, watermelon, potatoes, probably corn (I never seem to have any luck with that, so I'm not sure if I'll plant it or not), and 1 rhubarb plant that we don't seem able to kill. Start all from seeds. Grow the tomatoes and peppers in small pots until the late spring, then transplant them.

We also have cherry trees, blackberries, and wild strawberries (and them's good eatin').

The Women start many of the Vegetables and flowers in a small green house. We plant lettuce, green beans, yellow beans, peas

carrots, beets, cabbage, green onions, white onions, various tomatoes, potatoes, squash, horseradish, spearmint, peppermint, strawberries, raspberries, long line of rhubarb,choke cherries, about twenty apple trees and a few pear trees,elderberry patch, currents, plus many flowers for cut flowers in the house. Corn also. We freeze much , much also is used for making various preserves, like beet relish, fruit relish, pickles, mustard beans, jams. What extra we have we share with members who live elsewhere who are not able to grow the various things. Often we exchange vegetables for blueberries folks up north are able to get.

The garden is around 1/4 acre .

good size . what about cows , beef cattle or pigs ?

how many acres do you have ?

I do a little bit of gardening...usually inside. A little purple haze, a little northern lights #12, maybe a some mauwie wauwie.

Creed: That is Northern Lights, Cannabis Indica.

Dwight: No.... it's marijuana.

good size . what about cows , beef cattle or pigs ?

how many acres do you have ?

One 195 acres+bush, One 185 acres +bush. Dairy cows. We have some horses for children . Its interesting during spring , summer , fall to travel the back roads and see the various gardens full of vegetables and beautiful flowers. :thumbsup:

Do you start your own plants ?

What are you planting ?

I Stoped planting 10 years ago as the trees just grew and shaded the area .

Been thinking of putting a few tomato plants in this year . Only place to put them is in the back of the house . Sun only will hit them full for about 3.5 hours . Is that enough ?

I have tried to start plants, but they never thrive. But I plant so few that I can get them cheap enough.

I love peas, cukes, tomatoes, and zucchini.

Try pruning the the trees a little.