Before Crossing The Street........

Legislation like this makes me want to smash my TV and radio, cancel all magazine/paper subscriptions and move to the woods to live in blissful ignorance.

Isn't that just a simple way of banning IPods and cell phones from your life? :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, what the !@#$ has happened to common sense? I'm sorry, there's nothing that isn't already out there that can stop this. If the guy was reading a paper instead do we ban possession of newspapers on the street?

You can rest assured no one in New York will stand for this. It'll be shot down quickly.

In all seriousness, what the !@#$ has happened to common sense? I'm sorry, there's nothing that isn't already out there that can stop this. If the guy was reading a paper instead do we ban possession of newspapers on the street?

Who needs common sense when you've got The State looking out for you?

What? The cops will be shooting people wearing iPods on the street?

Depends. Do they fit the profile? And what if they don't wear earbuds? How will we detect them? What if someone wearing a Walkman™ is mistaken for an IPod user and is shot on accident? Let's make sure the regulations are clear on this one.

Depends. Do they fit the profile? And what if they don't wear earbuds? How will we detect them? What if someone wearing a Walkman™ is mistaken for an IPod user and is shot on accident? Let's make sure the regulations are clear on this one.

Good point...I bet Bill Gates is behind this.....this could finally be the iPod killer. :thumbsup:

Well it wont be Fez since he would never be seen with a Sony product. Sony bad. :thumbsup:

Personally, as someone that drives in the city every day, if a pedestrian decides to enter the intersection when I have a green light and they have the electronic red "stop" hand, I should be able to run the !@#$ers down no matter what the hell they are doing.

Personally, as someone that drives in the city every day, if a pedestrian decides to enter the intersection when I have a green light and they have the electronic red "stop" hand, I should be able to run the !@#$ers down no matter what the hell they are doing.

Second the motion...pedestrians got so bad in downtown DC that the district ended up stationing two police officers at many of the intersections every rush hour to control the pedestrian traffic flow and keep the vehicular traffic moving.

You know what I really hate about pedestrians, they have no respect for the fact that a vehicle could kill them.

Don't even get me started on the idiots who like to walk in the street when there is a perfectly good sidewalk at their disposal. Then when you drive by them, they look at you like you're in the wrong.

I thought that was already the law! Jaywalkers are fair game in NYC.

Funny you should speak of this... A very tragic event happened in our town this summer... About under a mile from where I live... Right in the center, in full daylight and loads of horrified people waiting in traffic looking on.

A teenage girl, riding her bike wearing an IPod wasn't paying attention and slammed right into a train on the UP (Union Pacific) tracks... RIGHT INTO A FREAKIN' FREIGHT TRAIN!

The sad part about it was a village police officer and other people were stuck in line at the crossing (gates down, lights a flashing, bells sounding, etc...) WATCHED THE WHOLE THING UNFOLD... She drove right into the freight train... The officer, stuck a few cars behind screaming and yelling while jumping out of his crusier to attempt to save her... Just a little too late and sorry to say it but... SPLAT! The poor girl didn't win when she collided mid-train with a box car doing 35 mph!

I don't know what to say about this event???... But on a warmn day this young girl was snuffed out because she wasn't paying attention and didn't hear the traffic honking, see the lights flashing, the people screaming and the Steger police officer attempting to knock her down!

Wow! The IPod must have been really loud?

Now the with the snow and all... Sad, truly sad to see the makeshift memorial there, teddy bears, cross, what not... I supposed somebody is getting sued? :unsure: Not that I agree with a suit...

Sad how people have become desensoed to their own envior!