Amobi Okoye DT

Lawrence Timmons / Paul Posluzny / Rufus Alexander OLB

Patrick Willis / Buster Davis ILB

Reggie Nelson S

Darrelle Revis CB

Justin Blalock OG

Sidney Rice WR

Adrian Peterson / Michael Bush RB

In this scenario I would take Amobi Okoye DT as having the most upside, with Blalock OG as my second choice. Okoye is now ranked as high as 9th on some mock drafts, and represents the most value at the 12 pick. Blalock is my idea of a Guard, and Gandy-Preston-Merz aren't. My third choice is Patrick Willis ILB, as we have DiGiorgio backing up Fletcher on our depth chart, and Wire was just re-signed.

Astro

If they take their team's top priority, and not what Kiper says, it'll be

1. Oakland takes Calvin Johnson WR

2. Detroit takes Jamarcus Russell QB

3. Tampa Bay takes Brady Quinn QB

4. Cleveland takes Joe Thomas OT

5. Arizona takes Leon Hall CB

6. Denver takes Jamaal Anderson DE

7. Minnesota takes Dwayne Jarrett WR

8. Houston takes Darrelle Revis CB

9. Miami takes Levi Brown OT

10. Atlanta takes Gaines Adams DE

11. San Francisco takes DT Alan Branch

This would leave us with these players on the board at each position:

Amobi Okoye DT

Reggie Nelson S

Darrelle Revis CB

Justin Blalock OG

Sidney Rice WR

In this scenario I would take Amobi Okoye DT as having the most upside, with Blalock OG as my second choice. Okoye is now ranked as high as 9th on some mock drafts, and represents the most value at the 12 pick. Blalock is my idea of a Guard, and Gandy-Preston-Merz aren't. My third choice is Patrick Willis ILB, as we have DiGiorgio backing up Fletcher on our depth chart, and Wire was just re-signed.

Astro

1. how does Denver make it to #6?

2. no way is WR Oakland's biggest need. OL is the biggest need. They could use a QB but have a functional one in Brooks (and could always pick up Drew) if they had some semblence of an OL.

3. Kitna is fine in Detroit

4. RB is probably a bigger need for Houston since Kubiak doesn't seem to have the Shanahan magic of finding gems in teh late rounds. But OL is the biggst need and has been since Boselli went on permanent IR. Why do you think Carr spends most of teh game on his back.

5. No way Hall is the first RB picked.

6. Arizona'a OL has sucked for years- that is their biggest need.

Thanks for all the work you do wrt the draft. I really do appreciate it, and I am sure that hundreds of posters here strongly agree.

I think that if Marv can resist wasting most of our draft resources (and free agent dollars) on defensive backs, the Bills are poised for a playoff spot. We shall soon see, but sadly, I must say that you should spend your time figuring out which corner you like the most, because this is what we will most likely see in round 1. :lol:

I just hope to be wrong. What do YOU think Marv will do on day 1?

Amobi Okoye DT

Reggie Nelson S

Darrelle Revis CB

Justin Blalock OG

Sidney Rice WR

Astro

Not to upset, but i don't think you draft for upside out of a nineteen year old kid in the first round. Too much can still go wrong in his personal life to make his play on the field sub par. Drugs and other temptations have a greater chance of conflicting with team interest. So you don't draft him for upside in the first. If he were already a superior player, then yes, you pull the trigger. But there are too many questions around him.

I have to disagree with this mock as a whole. Just touching on what Obie Wan said, I beleve Cleveland will not let Peterson get passed them. They havent had a solid RB for a long time. I also believe that Oak. will take Russel or Quinn. As for us I have to think we will trade that pick accumulate a 2nd and grab either Willis or Pozluzny. Hopefully Willis.

Not to upset, but i don't think you draft for upside out of a nineteen year old kid in the first round. Too much can still go wrong in his personal life to make his play on the field sub par. Drugs and other temptations have a greater chance of conflicting with team interest. So you don't draft him for upside in the first. If he were already a superior player, then yes, you pull the trigger. But there are too many questions around him.

I disagree with this, the kid is an early college entry and graduate. he did no grow up like the typical American teenager and his focus seems to be headed the right way. If he was going to get into drugs and what have you I would have to say that ship has come and gone. I like the kid as an athlete and I like his ability, I just dont think we will take another DT unless Branch is there for some reason. Remember we gave away alot to get Mccargo.

I disagree with this, the kid is an early college entry and graduate. he did no grow up like the typical American teenager and his focus seems to be headed the right way. If he was going to get into drugs and what have you I would have to say that ship has come and gone. I like the kid as an athlete and I like his ability, I just dont think we will take another DT unless Branch is there for some reason. Remember we gave away alot to get Mccargo.

I see what you were saying, except drugs still have a chance in this kids life. When you were nineteen and a team gave you millions of dollars, and you were hanging out with your other nineteen year old buddies, what would you have done?

The other reason that i say drugs still have a chance is because of the quarterback a while back, i can't remember the name. Guys father was a complete control freak, brought his son oranges at half time, tied his right arm behind his back when he was a kid so he would be left handed. Any way, he was older and he turned to drugs when given the moeny. I'm just not sure you want to go there or even take the chance of going there, especially with the escalation of rookie salaries in recent years.

Re-watch the Super-Bowl and see what happens when the DT rotation takes a hit - in this case because Tommie Harris was out.

Anderson sucks- so the Bills do need another viable DT even if McCargo is the real deal.

There are two things to remember when thinking about choosing Okoye with out first pick:

1. It really would be an extra-ordinary person and virtually unheard of (if not completely unheard of) who really is able to physically and mentally play pro ball as an NFL starter at the age of 20.

2. Okoye has done some extraordinary unheard of things already as a football player and a person.

People simply do not immigrate to this country from the third world, test amd be qualified for college at the age of 15, start playing division one football as a freshman and play all four years, etc.

No one has been able to do the things we would be asking him to do if we drafted him with our #12, however, this is the story of his life and when Marv and the gang sit down with him and look over his physical, his eating habits. his history etc they should be very skeptical about whether he can do what we need. However, though his accomplishments should not eliminate doubt, how he interviews and carries himself could easily do that.

If they feel good about this, given some good results choosing players last year, i have no problems with them taking a flyer with our 1st rounder for Okoye.

Thanks for all the work you do wrt the draft. I really do appreciate it, and I am sure that hundreds of posters here strongly agree.

I think that if Marv can resist wasting most of our draft resources (and free agent dollars) on defensive backs, the Bills are poised for a playoff spot. We shall soon see, but sadly, I must say that you should spend your time figuring out which corner you like the most, because this is what we will most likely see in round 1. :thumbsup:

I just hope to be wrong. What do YOU think Marv will do on day 1?

Free agent dollars? Last eyar we spent a total of 3 years and 2.3 million on K. Thomas and Bowen. Thats hardly breaking the bank. Also, how do we re-sign clements without spending free agent bucks on him?

And we did spend 5/9 picks last year on the lines last draft, including a 1st rounder.

Your post is just plain stupid and reflects no understanding of Okoye as a player and no understanding of what he has already accomplished.

Your drug reference besides being silly is completely bizarre and begs the question- Are You On Drugs??

So if a person is smart enough and motivated to graduate at 19 they are more likely to sucumb to drug use than some complete duumbass from the U who never graduates and enters the NFL at 23? :thumbsup:

i really dont see someone that started school at age 2, escaped Africa at 12 and was smart enough(coming FROM africa) to go right into High School. get accepted into college at 16 and maintain a lifestyle in which he consistently qualified academically AND physically to start all 4 years. ALL OF A SUDDEN becoming a lazy drug addict???

and who brought up TODD MARINOVICH!!???

thats like saying... i cant even come up with an analogy that far off.

Your post is just plain stupid and reflects no understanding of Okoye as a player and no understanding of what he has already accomplished.

Your drug reference besides being silly is completely bizarre and begs the question- Are You On Drugs??

So if a person is smart enough and motivated to graduate at 19 they are more likely to sucumb to drug use than some complete duumbass from the U who never graduates and enters the NFL at 23? :blink:

Your post alone shows that you have no idea what kind of pressure can be put on today's youth. There is more pressure on someone like this kid because of what he has accomplished.

The fact of the matter is that you have no idea why this kid is so driven. Could it be a very demanding father? Mother? It very well could be. And trust me, i know plenty of kids who were pushed as children to excell in sports and school, but when they move on in life they get into drugs right around the age area of 19-22.

Second, you have no idea if this kid is really 19 years old. That seems to be the main thing that everybody is talking about, so i'll attack that. He came here from Africa, where the last time i checked they didn't necessarily keep the best records. If his father really wanted him to play football and excell at doing so, then that would be an ideal situation to lie about his age and put him up against talent that he was a few years older than. This kind of thing happens in America, only we call it pre-first and staying back.

Is it likely he will turn to drugs? Maybe. Is it still a possibility? Yes. And that is the answer that most should be focusing on.

Second, you have no idea if this kid is really 19 years old. That seems to be the main thing that everybody is talking about, so i'll attack that. He came here from Africa, where the last time i checked they didn't necessarily keep the best records. If his father really wanted him to play football and excell at doing so, then that would be an ideal situation to lie about his age and put him up against talent that he was a few years older than. This kind of thing happens in America, only we call it pre-first and staying back.

Is it likely he will turn to drugs? Maybe. Is it still a possibility? Yes. And that is the answer that most should be focusing on.

you just responded to your own first point. and the MAJOR thing everyone should say when this kids age is brought up is "AGE AINT NUTHIN BUT A NUMBER". who cares how many rotations of the earth this guy has been on the planet for? all that counts is his physical ability and his personality. we all know plenty of people that are years ahead of their age, as well as plenty that are years behind.

as far as you last sentence. anything is possible for anyone at anytime in any part of life. YOU are more than welcome to ring your hands with worry over WHAT IF'S and POSSIBILITIES. ive got other stuff to do

you just responded to your own first point. and the MAJOR thing everyone should say when this kids age is brought up is "AGE AINT NUTHIN BUT A NUMBER". who cares how many rotations of the earth this guy has been on the planet for? all that counts is his physical ability and his personality. we all know plenty of people that are years ahead of their age, as well as plenty that are years behind.

Let's focus on what is in bold first. I think it is a rather large factor since many look at his age in terms of, "man we could draft him, he's only nineteen, so he has to get better as he gets older. His body probably isn't done maturing and just imagine the force we would have in the middle at that point". Lot's of people are talking about drafting him with a first round pick because he would be a good "project" at the age of nineteen. Let me tell you, if you were to be drafting a 21 year old or a 23 year old with your first round pick so that he could be a "project", that would be a major issue.

The only reason this kid has been brought up so much in after season, pre-draft talk, is because of his age. "A nineteen year old, I can't believe it". We have all heard it. So who is to say that that is not the only reason he is the center of any discussion.

Let's focus on what is in bold first. I think it is a rather large factor since many look at his age in terms of, "man we could draft him, he's only nineteen, so he has to get better as he gets older. His body probably isn't done maturing and just imagine the force we would have in the middle at that point". Lot's of people are talking about drafting him with a first round pick because he would be a good "project" at the age of nineteen. Let me tell you, if you were to be drafting a 21 year old or a 23 year old with your first round pick so that he could be a "project", that would be a major issue.

The only reason this kid has been brought up so much in after season, pre-draft talk, is because of his age. "A nineteen year old, I can't believe it". We have all heard it. So who is to say that that is not the only reason he is the center of any discussion.

1. i sure as heck am NOT saying he'll be a project anymore than any other rookie would be. i say draft him at 12 with the expectation of starting him IMMEDIATELY. i dont care if he's going to keep growing or not, hes ready now. which leads me to...

2. the ONLY reason this kid is being talked about as the 2nd best DT has nothing to do with potential. it is based on his past performance. the performance of being a 4 year starter at Louiseville(no slouch of a school), the performance as the best DL at the Senior Bowl, the performance that got him First Team All-Big East. yes, im sure he gets some press because most sports writers are unoriginal and take the easy way out, and quite frankly his story in an interesting one. but to dismiss him because of his age is just as bad as drooling over him because you think he has potential.

Amobi Okoye DT

Reggie Nelson S

Darrelle Revis CB

Justin Blalock OG

Sidney Rice WR

Astro

Excellent. I just wonder if Branch might fall to 12 and Okoye might go earlier. I'd have to go with Branch, although all along I thought our best bets for a first rounder were Okoye, Branch and Blaylock. I think any of the three will be first rate and make a huge leap forward for the Bills.