Fat kids having gastric bypass

NavyBillsFan

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16981527/wid/11915773?GT1=9033

Makes me about sick to read this.

When I was a kid, I was NEVER in the house. Watched wrestling on WTBS at 6am till 8am on Saturday then I was out the door with hockey stick in hand... Every day of the week after school it was hockey or sleddin at Chestnut Ridge.

Sad to read stuff like this. Parents need to crack down on children. Some have medical problems but most are just lazy. Then I guess is the fact that you cant even let you kid outside without the fear of something happening to them...

Life is great!

When I was a kid, I was NEVER in the house. Watched wrestling on WTBS at 6am till 8am on Saturday then I was out the door with hockey stick in hand... Every day of the week after school it was hockey or sleddin at Chestnut Ridge.

Sad to read stuff like this. Parents need to crack down on children. Some have medical problems but most are just lazy. Then I guess is the fact that you cant even let you kid outside without the fear of something happening to them...

Life is great!

Bypass is a rare thing, carrying a lifelong set of dietary restrictions, for adults and children alike.

The sky..is...not falling. Despite the media's attempts to make us complete knee biters, crouching and shivering in a closed closet...

the better one is the lap band - removable and adjustable (and surgery takes about an hour).

I don't like it for kids, but for adults I have actually changed my mind and I'm all for it.

Something like 98% of people who are 100 lbs overweight will never lose that weight and keep it off. Given all the ways you can die from being 100 lbs overweight, a laprascopic surgery isn't a bad idea. How many 80 year old fat people do you know?

Life is great!

It is a common misconception for those who do not battle with weight issues, that people are fat simply because they are lazy and eat too much. Couldn't be further from the truth...don't let that stop you though. PREACH ON!

It is a common misconception for those who do not battle with weight issues, that people are fat simply because they are lazy and eat too much. Couldn't be further from the truth...don't let that stop you though. PREACH ON!

It's not a misconception at all. It's a fact that most (not all) people with weight problems simply consume more calories than they burn off.

It's not a misconception at all. It's a fact that most (not all) people with weight problems simply consume more calories than they burn off.

It's a fact that most people consume more calories than they can burn off. You can take two people, feed them the same amount, give them the same amount of exercise, and one would be overweight while the other wasn't. GENETICS are a B word. It's like blaming a healthy 40 year old for having a heart attack. Some people are genetically predisposed for crap. If we can use technology to improve the quality of life for some folks, I'm all for it.