peyton, billy joel and prince

The Poojer

Peyton is still a self important pile of dung. See him whining about so many things during the game? As usual. F him.

Billy Joel, I love his music but tonight the speed at which he played reflected his age.

Prince was cool. I love how at the end he threw the weird custom made guitar into the crowd. Although not as some might suspect a cool thing to do. I think he threw it out there because it wasn't working for the last 30 seconds or so of the last bit he did.

Peyton is still a self important pile of dung. See him whining about so many things during the game? As usual. F him.

Billy Joel, I love his music but tonight the speed at which he played reflected his age.

Prince was cool. I love how at the end he threw the weird custom made guitar into the crowd. Although not as some might suspect a cool thing to do. I think he threw it out there because it wasn't working for the last 30 seconds or so of the last bit he did.

Billy Joel's voice may have been auto-tuned: http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/02/04/billy-...the-super-bowl/

Prince was the best halftime show the Super Bowl has ever seen. Purple Rain in the rain... the Foo Fighters cover(after they covered him). great performance as always.

i knew they werent going to give the MVP to Addai so i was hoping theyd give it to Prince next

U2's tribute to 9/11 was pretty awesome, but Prince was a lot better than Paul McCartney and Janet Jackson.

PTR

i know i was drinking but what foo fighters cover did i miss? I heard him do all along the watchtower, but godddammit what did i miss????? :wallbash::D

Prince was the best halftime show the Super Bowl has ever seen. Purple Rain in the rain... the Foo Fighters cover(after they covered him). great performance as always.

i knew they werent going to give the MVP to Addai so i was hoping theyd give it to Prince next

Two words: Pro Tools.

PTR

Pro Tools is generally a recording software and using it for live mixing wouldn't make much sense. The only way I know of that they could have auto-tuned it live through Pro Tools would be through a third-party software like Ableton Live.

More likely they would have used a standalone auto-tuning rackmount unit. Sorry, as a recording nerd I had to jump in here.

What politics is that? Bono doesn't take political stands, or side with one party or the other. Anybody who thinks they haven't been awesome since '88 is living in the past, and should have seen the Vertigo tour. That was beyond words.

And, whoever could sleep thru Prince's amazing halftime performance (and I'm not even a fan of his), what downers are you on? What could have been better than that. He smoked that performance. His guitar work is simply amazing.

Pro Tools is generally a recording software and using it for live mixing wouldn't make much sense. The only way I know of that they could have auto-tuned it live through Pro Tools would be through a third-party software like Ableton Live.

More likely they would have used a standalone auto-tuning rackmount unit. Sorry, as a recording nerd I had to jump in here.

Sorry Run, you have no idea what you're talking about. (This is the only group in the world that could find a way to turn Bills talk into a thread to disrespect ProTools. LOL)

ProTools TDM is first and foremost a mixer/router that just happens to be very good at recording, too. Thats what TDM is all about. That is precisely why so many uninformed musicians rag on Digidesign and hate the idea of paying more for TDM ProTools. If ProTools was just recording software then they all would be correct. But, due to the way that the hardware DSP is used to mix and route signals without latency and without loss, the TDM platform is the perfect mixing format for just these applications. Add a plug-in or two, like Auto-Tune and a nice compressor/limiter on the voice and put some EQ and dynamics on the piano, and Waves Ultamaximizer on the master... voila! you have a perfect mix for HDTV. For that alone, ProTools is worth lots of additional money.

I don't have any connection to Avid or Digidesign, but I use ProTools TDM every day for my living. Every now and again you see an application for ProTools that makes you smile and better understand the real differences that the uninformed don't get. Seriously, they likely will never need those functions, but to assume that it is just recording software that is overpriced and non-competitive is simply ignorant.