and to think bills came closest to winning in indy

And we got the snot beat out of us by Chicago. So what does it all mean?

PTR

that was before the bills reshuffled their offensive line and the bears still had tommy harris who was in JPs face all day. due to a lack of confidence at the time bills also had self-defeating play calls like the botched fake punt. it was only jaurons 5th game as head coach for the bills and a lot of things hadn't fallen into place. most likely very different game if played today. bears showed me nothing special last night, denny green was right.

I believe that with a DT like Okoye (or maybe Branch) and Blaylock and maybe one other offensive lineman we will be as good as anyone. I see us going into the playoffs next year and maybe not even as a wildcard.

yeah and toss in a big WR that can make them more effective on 3rd downs and scoring in the red zones, and also take some heat off evans and then uve got something. bills lost several close games to good teams (pats by 2, indy 1, chargers 3, titans 1). and in 3 of the 4 they had 4th quarter leads. key is learning how to close and turning those close games into victories. we're not talking all that much to get there.

I believe that with a DT like Okoye (or maybe Branch) and Blaylock and maybe one other offensive lineman we will be as good as anyone. I see us going into the playoffs next year and maybe not even as a wildcard.

Agreed. Make no mistake, luck is also a factor. That said, the Bills have very good players at some of the toughest spots to fill. Jason Peters at LT has changed this team. For the first time in a decade, our quarterback has a very good player protecting his blind side. :rolleyes:

If the Bills upgrade the middle of our lines, I am expecting a playoff spot in 07. If Marv continues to chase after defensive backs, there will be little improvement, but people can always blame the schedule, instead of taking him to task. :ph34r:

jd i guess you forgot that indy beat the titans 14-13 in week 5 at indy ..so the bills were not the closest.the bills held the colts to 17points but the titans held them to 14.and the colts were in field goal range at the end of the game and chose not to kick a field goal.go bills in"07

jd i guess you forgot that indy beat the titans 14-13 in week 5 at indy ..so the bills were not the closest.the bills held the colts to 17points but the titans held them to 14.and the colts were in field goal range at the end of the game and chose not to kick a field goal.go bills in"07

you're right, titans lost by 1 in indy as well. title should read "to think bills tied with titans as closest to win in ind." my bad.

however, i disagree with analysis you spot the colts an extra 3 due to their last drive. i think it ended somewhere around the bills 35 so a FG was no sure thing. lindell had just missed a 42 yarder for the bills. and dungy did what he thought was best to win the game, which was not to try a FG .... had nothing to do w/ charity. the final score was 16-17 without qualification.

fyi ... my pick for AFC title game next year coincidentally is bills and titans. i think those teams showed the most improvement in 2006, they both found their QB - 2 young guys that should get even better - and they have the most cap space in the AFC.

if im right, bills get a shot at avenging music city miracle!!!