Official "This Halftime Show Sucks" Thread

IDBillzFan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

say what you want about prince, Purple rain was a great record, and my first...I'm thirty now, do the math and yeah, my parents didn't know any better.

Prince is a Gen x pop icon, and he didn't touch kids.

I'd just like to know who chooses the half time stars which perform. Last year it was the strip tease, and this year Mr. Glyph gave his Jimmy Hendrix guitar impression, and sounded like a cross between Bob Dylan, Bruce Springstein and Joan Baez. His scarf and wardrobe make me wonder how weird it was going to get. Wished the marching band would have gotten more emphasis, at least they seemed capable of carrying a tune.

say what you want about prince, Purple rain was a great record, and my first...I'm thirty now, do the math and yeah, my parents didn't know any better.

Prince is a Gen x pop icon, and he didn't touch kids.

I'm with ya

Prince Rocks. Anyone with any taste knows that. You dont have to like his music, but even hardcore Metalheads I know can appreciate that as a musician, the man can downright bring it.

You know what sucked...that PREgame show. What the !@#$ was that? HELLO...I know as Americans we are all supposed to recognize how much we "suck" and how "bad" we are these days. But this is the damned SUPER BOWL. I want Red White and Blue,explosions, naked women, chopmeat and a half-coked up Hank Williams screaming to get me out of my chair. Take that multicultural, flower power, candy azz bull sh-- out with the trash.

Sadly, it's become far more popular to trash everything that comes along. Sign of the times I guess. Never was a Prince fan but "Purple Rain" was a solid, if not great, piece of work. "But that was twenty years or so ago, old man."

Yeah that makes it bad....

A funny thing happened to me with age, after years of enjoying music beginning with the Beatles, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, etc., to Staind, Nickelback and so on......I developed an appreciation for Frank Sinatra.

Music, good Music, overplayed or not, fashionable or not, is what matters now.

u sound like a very bitter 40 something year old bills fan...Prince was very good at what he had to work with, 15 minutes to get his highlights in. He was excellent...my only gripe was that sheila e wasn't with him. get over it man...price was awesome and is still one of the godfathers of modern rock music, without prince there would be no living colour aka vernon reid, and there would be no red hot chili peppers to name a few....

You know it's coming.

According to this board, every halftime show of every playoff game or Super Bowl has sucked, and today's will undoubtedly suck as well. So let's just get this out of the way now, okay.

It was the most horrible performance/lip syncing/gyrating/moron music known to mankind and he should be embarrassed. Frankly, the only way Prince can have a good halftime show is if he sings "Darling Nikki."

k so after second glance, i think labillsfan was predicting what the majority of you "cavemen" here would say...i am pretty sure I "know" LA and I think I get his post..yeah the halftime sucked, and peyton mannin is lucky and will never win anything and without the officials, he would have lost that game!!!!! :D:wallbash:

Prince is a great musician and songwriter. Sure, he's a bit fruity but the damn game was in Miami for crying out loud. Besides, he's written plenty of songs that will get a girl into the sack. That's got to count for something.

I second the 'best halftime show ever' posts. Now if only he could have stabbed Billy Joel with the symbol guitar.

I'd just like to know who chooses the half time stars which perform. Last year it was the strip tease, and this year Mr. Glyph gave his Jimmy Hendrix guitar impression, and sounded like a cross between Bob Dylan, Bruce Springstein and Joan Baez. His scarf and wardrobe make me wonder how weird it was going to get. Wished the marching band would have gotten more emphasis, at least they seemed capable of carrying a tune.

What's with Prince wearing an aquamarine and orange outfit for the Superbowl. Is he a Dolfan?