Italian Soccer - it going very wrong

millbank

If it wasn't for your avatar, I'd be telling you off right now :rolleyes:

he Meazza, as you probably know italian soccer much better than i do ... i was wondering: what about all those southern teams? 4 or 5 years ago there was not even one team south of Rome... once in a while the Reggina or Napoli 'd spent a couple of years in the first division but now there's about 5 or 6 of them, including the two sicilians involved in last week's tragedy. Where did they find the money, who are the bosses of those teams? Any mafias or money laundering in the mix?

he Meazza, as you probably know italian soccer much better than i do ... i was wondering: what about all those southern teams? 4 or 5 years ago there was not even one team south of Rome... once in a while the Reggina or Napoli 'd spent a couple of years in the first division but now there's about 5 or 6 of them, including the two sicilians involved in last week's tragedy. Where did they find the money, who are the bosses of those teams? Any mafias or money laundering in the mix?

I don't know. I know Palermo is owned by Sensi (same owner as Roma). I have no clue how Calabria and the rest managed to find money to keep their good players. In the end though, the south still sucks.