Thurman Thomas VS. Willie McGahee

I agree with your main premise that what separates Willis from Thurman in terms of fan perception is their performance on the field. However, and I may be remembering this wrong, I wouldn't put Willis' attitude "problems" anywhere NEAR the spectrum of Thurman "I'm the Michael Jordan of this team" Thomas.

Again when Willis says stuff like "I think I am the best in the league" and then goes out and averages less than 4 YPC. Thurman Thomas was the main cog in the offense, he could run and catch the football. He may have had some primadonna moments but his production backed up things he said, and he always ran hard. Willis I see dance way too much and it SEEMS to me that he doesn't run all out on every play unless its against the Jets. I hope the Bills do draft an RB because if Willis thinks his job is on the line we'll get his best again. Its sad when a pro athlete has to be motivated to be their best.

I hope the Bills do draft an RB because if Willis thinks his job is on the line we'll get his best again. Its sad when a pro athlete has to be motivated to be their best.

Why waste a draft pick, when his up-in-the-air contract status should provide all the motivation necessary?

And please enlighten me as to who all of these unmotivated superstars are.

2003: We have a proven RB who, while not perfect, is far from the worst starter on the team and is probably one of the best.

Solution: Replace him with our highest draft pick while ignoring other needs that could help the team.

2007: We have a proven RB who, while not perfect, is far from the worst starter on the team and is probably one of the best.

Solution: Replace him with our highest draft pick while ignoring other needs that could help the team.

I love ignoring history... :rolleyes:

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!