Penalties...expect more of the same

Boatdrinks

While I won't blame the refs for our losses -we've done more than enough to lose on our own- I will say its become noticeable that we don't get the benefit of the doubt. Teams that are regular losers -which even the staunchest Bills fan must admit we've become, do not get consideration on close calls. And non calls turn into calls when the Ref has a poor angle and feels that the "loser" team player MUST have done something illegal. This I believe happened twice today. Prioleau's PI call in the endzone- this was textbook defense and I don't think that flag is thrown if he hadn't made a Fletcher like "bonehead" personal foul earlier in the contest. That PF call WAS certainly legitimate but sure seemed to have an influence on a play that is routinely made in the league with no flag thrown. Tuckers "leg whip" call was a joke as well. Tucker made a solid block and pushed his man off balance. Tucker fell and the Jet player fell on Tuckers legs. The Jet player falls awkwardly and an infraction is assumed to be made by the "loser" team. We can expect more of this I'm afraid. Watching the Ravens game tonight, I couldn't believ how much Jonathan Ogden holds opposing players. It seemed every replay they showed of him he had a handful of a Redskins jersey. And on the OUTSIDE of the guy's shoulder pads. I don't recall Ogden getting flagged once. But he has the benfit of being on a winning team that has made the playoffs consistently for awhile now. The Bills are looking at a long season of laundry from the officials. <_<