i know most of you are anti-pirating

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, i understand your gimmick of being the a-hole. its cute, and no one has ever thought of doing that on a message board before.

you must be very smart if you feel the need to come to a football board just to talk down to people and piss them off. and youre such a great person too. no selfish behavior. especially not being paid to lie for a living.

this conversation was done a long time ago. and this pissing match is done right now.

after your string of childish posts, there is nothing you can write or link to that would make me believe you could possibly be correct. your shhitty personality has lost you any form of cred. im sure its not the first time. you are a joke. be proud of yourself.

(and yes, im well aware of his main motivation to promote FairPlay, i dont really care)

edit: to the last sentence

(and yes, im well aware that the RIAA says his main motivation to promote FairPlay, but they are wrong, either way i dont really care)

They wouldn't be extorting money from you. You are a proud thief--not a misidentified one.

If you're going to call someone names, at least get it right. Downloading music is not theft, it's copyright infringement.

CW

dude, i understand your gimmick of being the a-hole. its cute, and no one has ever thought of doing that on a message board before.

You steal music and I called you out on it. Go figure that I'm the bad guy. That's a good defense mechanism you have there.

you must be very smart if you feel the need to come to a football board just to talk down to people and piss them off. and youre such a great person too. no selfish behavior. especially not being paid to lie for a living.

You know that I lie for a living? Good. Give me an example of when I did it?

Again the rub. I KNOW that you steal. I KNOW you're a thief. You know nothing about what I do excep that I'm an IP attorney. You can make a joke about lawyers/liars but you don't know anything about me except that you don't like that I'm calling you out for your lack of honor.

after your string of childish posts, there is nothing you can write or link to that would make me believe you could possibly be correct. your shhitty personality has lost you any form of cred. im sure its not the first time. you are a joke. be proud of yourself.

A theiving selfish kid doesn't like me. Boo hoo.

(and yes, im well aware of his main motivation to promote FairPlay, i dont really care)

edit: to the last sentence

(and yes, im well aware that the RIAA says his main motivation to promote FairPlay, but they are wrong, either way i dont really care)

The RIAA is wrong--on that I agree. No, I think the maini motivation behind Jons's speech is the pending antitrust action in the EU. He doesn't want to "open" the iPod and its exclusive link to the iTunes store but he might have to because the EU may force it. If it does, Jobs wants to be on even footing with all of his competition and dropping DRM would advance that purpose.

This sort of white collar crime differentiation is BS. It's theft.

It's not theft. Theft involves physical property. If I steal something, I deprive someone else of the use (ie: if I take a CD from a store).

Of course I do find it odd that I can go to Best Buy and steal 50 CDs from them and I'd get a much less harsh sentance than if I downloaded the same 50 CDs. Weird, no?

Cw

Fez, do not bother trying to argue any logic or reasoning with this guy. hes a joke. and when faced with a debate, simply falls back on name calling. and like the saying goes "when people start swearing or hurling insults, its only because they know they have nothing intelligent to say anyways".

Fez, do not bother trying to argue any logic or reasoning with this guy. hes a joke. and when faced with a debate, simply falls back on name calling. and like the saying goes "when people start swearing or hurling insults, its only because they know they have nothing intelligent to say anyways".

It's a crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

In many jurisdictions, such as the United States, copyright infringement is a strict liability tort or crime.

guys, i understand that the situation right now is: technically, its a crime.

all im saying is, i dont think it should be. i presented more than one argument on why i think that, and instead of any discussion for the opposing side, all i got was insult and sarcasm.

you guys really dont live under this fear that whatever law some high paid, well connected lawyers are pushing thru is necessarily correct and just? do you?

we do get to question our government in this country? right?

guys, i understand that the situation right now is: technically, its a crime.

all im saying is, i dont think it should be. i presented more than one argument on why i think that, and instead of any discussion for the opposing side, all i got was insult and sarcasm.

you guys really dont live under this fear that whatever law some high paid, well connected lawyers are pushing thru is necessarily correct and just? do you?

we do get to question our government in this country? right?

No you don't get to question them. You're a criminal, you lost your rights. :blink:

It's not theft. Theft involves physical property. If I steal something, I deprive someone else of the use (ie: if I take a CD from a store).

Of course I do find it odd that I can go to Best Buy and steal 50 CDs from them and I'd get a much less harsh sentance than if I downloaded the same 50 CDs. Weird, no?

Cw

Unless you're found guilty of criminal copyright infringement, I disagree. If you steal 50 CDs from Best Buy, you might get sent to jail. If you download 50 CDs, you're probably just going to be found liable for copyright infringement and have to pay money to the copyright holder.

I see stealing music as stealing music. Just because it's "cleaner" to steal an electronic copy than walk out of a music store with one under your jacket doesn't diminish that it's theft either way.

I don't understand what's wrong with paying $0.99 per song on iTunes. We all grew up paying $15 for CD's to be able to hear those 2-3 songs that were really worth it...But now it's not worth it to pay $3 to own those three songs???? I agree, free would be better, but I have a job. I have some expendable income and I love listening to music. I have no problem with $0.99 for a good tune.

As for those of you bashing the labels and artists because nobody makes a full album anymore...Isn't that a function of the downloading generation??? Bands attempt to make that one "hit" that will be downloaded countless times and create the buzz, rather than focusing on putting out an incredible body of work that the album used to be...It's a cycle that feeds itself....

Oh, bite me. Like I care what you do! :lol::lol:

Father of four, Grandfather of five.

lol, that was not meant to offend people that are actual grandparents. my granparents are my favorite people ive ever met in my entire life! :blink:

you got any hardcandies on ya gramps?