i know most of you are anti-pirating

DrDawkinstein

like i said, ill take all the ribs you guys want to throw now. i can take internet ball-busting with no problem, but thats not what went on here. you can laugh like im just some sort of snapcase, but id like to just point out i laughed off being called names and the same stupid stuff for 5 pages until i told the dude to "shut up"(well, a little more than that but that was the basic premise). he can laugh all he wants like this was his plan all along, but ill stand by the fact that when it came down to the basic argument, i made him look just as foolish, and being a prig was his only choice.

glad to see im in the signature. ill take it.

and id never cry to the mods or another board.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said, ill take all the ribs you guys want to throw now. i can take internet ball-busting with no problem, but thats not what went on here. you can laugh like im just some sort of snapcase, but id like to just point out i laughed off being called names and the same stupid stuff for 5 pages until i told the dude to "shut up"(well, a little more than that but that was the basic premise). he can laugh all he wants like this was his plan all along, but ill stand by the fact that when it came down to the basic argument, i made him look just as foolish, and being a prig was his only choice.

and id never cry to the mods or another board.

Yeah, your "I'm not a thief, I just steal songs over the internet" argument really showed him. :wallbash:

ha! the real debate only took place up until page 5 or so...

There was a debate? I didn't see a debate, I saw a bunch of people agreeing that RIAA is a reactionary organization with no grasp of their present market, I saw you overreacting to an idiotic statement from RIAA, I saw a bunch of people factually calling you a thief, and I saw you prove you're stupid enough to believe you know more about the applicable case law than a practicing intellectual property attorney because you steal music online.

There's no debate. There's you forgetting to take your Ritalin, and a bunch of people laughing at you for it.

There was a debate? I didn't see a debate, I saw a bunch of people agreeing that RIAA is a reactionary organization with no grasp of their present market, I saw you overreacting to an idiotic statement from RIAA, I saw a bunch of people factually calling you a thief, and I saw you prove you're stupid enough to believe you know more about the applicable case law than a practicing intellectual property attorney because you steal music online.

There's no debate. There's you forgetting to take your Ritalin, and a bunch of people laughing at you for it.

You forgot that part where, technically speaking, it was agreed that it's not stealing or thievery to download music, but is instead copyright infringement.

Yes, it's a pet peeve of mine, deal with it.

CW

You forgot that part where, technically speaking, it was agreed that it's not stealing or thievery to download music, but is instead copyright infringement.

CW

Fine, have it your way.

And then there's the part where Fezmid stated that everyone agreed with his distinction between copyright infringement and theft, when in fact no one really gave a sh-- either way.

And shouldn't this thread be in the consumer forum, anyway?

Fine, have it your way.

And then there's the part where Fezmid stated that everyone agreed with his distinction between copyright infringement and theft, when in fact no one really gave a sh-- either way.

And you say other people are being babies. Nice. :blink::wallbash:

Fine, have it your way.

Because everyone agrees that copyright infringement is perfectly legal... (in China and Russia)

This all seems way overblown. I was a pirate at a Halloween party last year, and I didn't pick up on any anti-pirating vibe. I kept using this line on my girlfriend that I saw on a pirate t-shirt:

"Aaaaarrrrrggggghh........You free Saturday night?"

She was less than amused.

CW

Can I get a package deal on all those pirated DVDs you advertise in your signature? You would be saving on shipping.

Do you pirate any other good stuff?

How much optional tip do you want? I was thinking about zero or so.

This all seems way overblown. I was a pirate at a Halloween party last year, and I didn't pick up on any anti-pirating vibe. I kept using this line on my girlfriend that I saw on a pirate t-shirt:

"Aaaaarrrrrggggghh........You free Saturday night?"

She was less than amused.

Just one in a never ending stream of disappointments I'm sure. Maybe you can impress her by stealing some stuff and telling her you actually only infringed it.

I do feel foolish that a thief told me to shut up for calling him a thief. Pretty sure I also called you selfish. Not sure what other names I called you but I guess you're sensitive. From now on, I'll take a page from Fezmid's book. You're an "unabashed copyright infringer" and instead of selfish, I'll just say you're a spoiled hypocrite.

And I guess I still can't say you're from Lackawanna but you do have it in your blood and you've also been exposed to it.

It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Thank you for your contribution.

I do feel foolish that a thief told me to shut up for calling him a thief. Pretty sure I also called you selfish. Not sure what other names I called you but I guess you're sensitive. From now on, I'll take a page from Fezmid's book. You're an "unabashed copyright infringer" and instead of selfish, I'll just say you're a spoiled hypocrite.

And I guess I still can't say you're from Lackawanna but you do have it in your blood and you've also been exposed to it.

It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Thank you for your contribution.

Well i kinda have to agree with Bill in NYC about you and your sig. Only a douche does stuff like putting that stuff in the sig.

To quote south park:

John Edward: I'm not a douche!!!

Stan: No dude, you are the biggest douche in the universe