When can expect the riots?

pdh1

LONG BEACH, Calif. — One of nine black teenagers convicted in the racially charged beating of three white women on Halloween was sentenced to probation Friday.

Punishment could have ranged up to confinement in a California Youth Authority lockup until age 25 for the 18-year-old, who was 17 at the time the crime took place. He was ordered to serve 250 hours of community service and to go nowhere but home, school or church during 60 days of house arrest.

The sentence was handed down by Juvenile Court Judge Gibson Lee, who last week convicted nine teens - eight female and one male - of felony assault, with a hate-crime enhancement against all but one.

Three girls were to sentenced later Friday. The other five defendants face sentencing next week. Names of the defendants were withheld because they are juveniles or were juveniles at the time and were tried as juveniles.

The defendant pleaded with the judge, saying he was innocent and tried to help the victims, including taking a skateboard away from an assailant who was using it as a weapon.

"What will my life be like? I'm 18 and convicted of a hate crime," he said. (boo-hoo)

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/na.../story/1191234/

more like years of tolerating unpunished criminals with some bullsh-- "boiling over" excuse boiling over. :unsure:

I am just puzzled about what pdh1 means, should we be upset with the verdict?

Who is going to have a riot?

White folks because one did not get a hate crime conviction,

or black folks because the verdict was unjust?

Now that I have taken the time to read it, I am just curious because I can't figure out his point.

Okay, I read it again and I think I know what he means.

He is upset not with the Verdict, but with the Sentence

Quite an important distinction.

You are correct sir.

Just noticed how light it was considering what happened.

If the a bunch of young black girls were beaten by whites whiled they yelled racial slurs, the book would be thrown at them. And it should be.

We had near riots here in NC over the Duke case, and that was FAKE.

no, I mean the white folks.

you know, outrage over the verdict kinda thing....

Whites always get outraged by this type of thing and when it happens, we riot by marching into Bloomingdales, trying on clothes, and then...get this...not hanging them back up.

That's right. A pissed white person is a messy white person.

Whites always get outraged by this type of thing and when it happens, we riot by marching into Bloomingdales, trying on clothes, and then...get this...not hanging them back up.

That's right. A pissed white person is a messy white person.

Oh the humanity!

Not knowing the extent of the beatings, it sounds like all the assailants were tried, found guilty and were/or will be sentenced. Considering they were juveniles at the time the sentence seems par for the course unfortunately.