Funding approved for downtown construction

5 Wide

Well, if they have jail crowding resulting in early release of criminals like many cities, why don't they build a new architecturally pleasing jail instead of a palace for judges? :lol:

I don't think we need new jails. I mean one of our inmates did escape using a can opener, but that's about it

:ph34r:

Well, if they have jail crowding resulting in early release of criminals like many cities, why don't they build a new architecturally pleasing jail instead of a palace for judges? :lol:

Who needs new jails?

This is America! Where we set our rapists, diddlers and violent criminals free to roam the streets in 90 days. And we toss stoners in jail for 20 years.

Better to make sure judges and lawyers can wipe their a$$es while sitting on marble toilet seats.

The 200 foot tall glass embodied structure that is planned as the new downtown Buffalo courthouse has been allocated in the new budget. It is the #1 construction priority for US courthouses and construction is now virtually guaranteed to begin in the next year.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070202/1000632.asp

Artist's rendering in Buffalo News = Aint never gonna happen

I know the funding is there and it's the "#1 construction priority for courthouses", but I don't know how or why it won't get built...all I know is that the artist's sketch in the paper is the absolute kiss of death for prospective projects/buildings/structures in WNY.

I know the funding is there and it's the "#1 construction priority for courthouses", but I don't know how or why it won't get built...

That's the WNY spirit! :lol:

I know the funding is there and it's the "#1 construction priority for courthouses", but I don't know how or why it won't get built...all I know is that the artist's sketch in the paper is the absolute kiss of death for prospective projects/buildings/structures in WNY.

All I know is that you stole this 'artist's rendering' theory from several others on local journalist/radio people and tried to pass it off as your own. Because it's highly likely that if there was NEVER a drawing of the new Peace Bridge in the Buffalo News, it would spanning the Niagara right now. :unsure: