Breaking NEWS: more Bengals nightmares...

Buftex

Just driving home from work, FOX SPORTS radio ran a BREKAING NEWS report that WR Chad Johnson, of the Cincinnati Begals, is being questioned by Miami police about a murder that was committed last Friday, in that city....the police are not confiming that Johnson is a "person of interest", only that he is being questioned....

What a freaking mess! I know this doesn't necessarily mean that Chad Johnson (one of the sports media's annointed "good guys") has committed, or was involved in any way, with the murder (though I would assume the police are talking with him for some reason), but you really do have to start wondering what the problem is with the Bengals, off-field. Eleven Bengals (out of a 3 man roster) have had run ins with the law in the last calander year...does Chad make it an even 12?

Linky

"Chad has confirmed to the club that he cooperated with the Miami Police earlier this week as part of an investigation," the team said in a statement released Friday to The Associated Press. "Police have characterized this as a routine procedure and have stressed that Chad is not a suspect or even a person of interest in this case."

Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt. CJ has been a pretty stand up guy in a league full of thugs.

Just driving home from work, FOX SPORTS radio ran a BREKAING NEWS report that WR Chad Johnson, of the Cincinnati Begals, is being questioned by Miami police about a murder that was committed last Friday, in that city....the police are not confiming that Johnson is a "person of interest", only that he is being questioned....

What a freaking mess! I know this doesn't necessarily mean that Chad Johnson (one of the sports media's annointed "good guys") has committed, or was involved in any way, with the murder (though I would assume the police are talking with him for some reason), but you really do have to start wondering what the problem is with the Bengals, off-field. Eleven Bengals (out of a 3 man roster) have had run ins with the law in the last calander year...does Chad make it an even 12?

How did you arrive at 11 or 12? The media here - who obviously eat this stuff up like candy - consistently say 9 (8 if you deduct the cut DT Matthais Askew - who's charges were dropped - and he's suing the police for false arrest). That's one more than the 8 SD Chargers, though.

Here's an update from the Cincinnati Enquirer web site:

"The Bengals released this official statement about 2 a.m. Friday morning:

"Chad has confirmed to the club that he cooperated with the Miami police earlier this week as part of an investigation. Police have characterized this as a routine procedure and have stressed that Chad is not a suspect or even a person of interest in this case.

"Given that, we see no cause to comment further."."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/302020006

I will laugh my balls off if this turns out to be true and CJ is indicted....

It is not my intention to represent the moral conscience of TSW or anything, but that's just an ignorant and immature statement, udonk. I certainly hope you didn't mean it and were only trying to be "funny."

Try harder.

they ought to error on the safe side and put the whole team in custody

It is not my intention to represent the moral conscience of TSW or anything, but that's just an ignorant and immature statement, udonk. I certainly hope you didn't mean it and were only trying to be "funny."

Try harder.

Maybe you can move to Cincinnati with me, live with a Bengals season ticket holder, and then tell me you don't enjoy when the Bungles continue to get in trouble. I'm eating it up...

Turns out that CJ might be off the hook though... :lol:

Linky

"Chad has confirmed to the club that he cooperated with the Miami Police earlier this week as part of an investigation," the team said in a statement released Friday to The Associated Press. "Police have characterized this as a routine procedure and have stressed that Chad is not a suspect or even a person of interest in this case."

Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt. CJ has been a pretty stand up guy in a league full of thugs.

Like I said, this in no way means that CJ is a murderer, or was involved in the murder, but you can't help but wonder how these guys continually get themselves involved, or put themselves in the "wrong place at the wrong time".

Chad Johnson was on NFL live a day before these reports hit. They were asking about Bengals being in trouble and he said " I can't criticize them because I'm no angel. You never know when I might have some problems down the road".

Funny, he was on Jim Rome, Monday I think, and when Rome asked him about Carson Palmer coming out and criticizing his teammates who were having legal woes, Johnson just said something like "I won't criticize anyone, because you just never know what can happen"...